The Best Man: Duties & Responsibilities!
Who Is the Best Man?
The best man is the closest friend and/or relative of the groom and is there to assist him in any way necessary throughout the wedding-planning process.
* There may be two best men.
The Best Man: Duties & Responsiblities
* The best man is responsible to host the groom's bachelor party, which may be done in conjunction with other members of the bridal party.
* He must pay for all travel and lodging expenses, to and from the wedding.
* He is responsible for the rental of his wedding attire.
* He is obliged to give a wedding gift to the bride and groom.
* He may assist the groom in packing for the honeymoon (before the wedding), ensuring that he has all pertinent travel documents.
Best Man: Wedding Day Duties
* The best man accompanies the groom to the ceremony ensuring they arrive in plenty of time. He then stays with the groom to keep him calm—and he’s at his side before and during the ceremony.
* The best man carries the marriage license for the groom and the ring for the bride.
* If the officiant is to receive a donation, the best man presents it for the groom, in the groom’s name.
* After the ceremony, the best man signs all pertinent documents as a witness.
* During the reception, he makes the first toast.
* If the groom’s clothes are rented, the best man sees that they’re returned the following day, along with his own.
P.S. Visit Deborah McCoy, AAWP: www.aa-wp.com