- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
What Are The Types of Sexual Assault?
There are many types of sexual assault and the laws vary from state to state.
1. Stranger Rape - this is the rape where the victim does not know the perpetrator. That is only 22% of the rapes. The rape is all about power and control.
2. Acquaintance Rape - this is a crime committed by someone who knows the victim. It can happen at anytime or place, it could be done by a date, boss, neighbor, delivery person, ex-spouse or just about anyone you know. It accounts for 80% of all rapes. Of this, 47% of them occur on a date.
3.Gang Rape - Assaulted by multiple people.
4. Drug-Facilitated Rape- known as the Date rape drug, usually when alcohol is used. Date rape drugs are several and have no odor, color or taste. It can be used in any liquid. The drugs used knock out a person for some time and too much is deadly.
5. Spousal Rape - This occurs during a marriage when one party does not want to have sexual contact.
6. Child Sexual Abuse - any sexual contact between an adult and child. It is forced or coerced via bribes or treats. There is a 90% chance that the minor knows their perpetrator and the victim remains silent.
7. Incest - Sexual contact between family members.