- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
What Her Break-Up Lines Really Meant
Women often have a handy excuse or a cover reason when their partner asks them why they want to break up. If you have an ex and you have ever asked her why she broke up with you in the first place, then she probably gave you any number of cover reasons which usually go:
- I needed some time for myself
- The commitment was just too much for me to handle
- I think we just sort of grew out of love with each other
If your ex gave you these kinds of reasons for the break-up, then you would be left wondering what she really meant in the first place because the fact of the matter is that these vague reasons don’t really explain anything to you.
If you would like to get back together with your ex, the best approach is to find out why the relationship went sour in the first place and to work from there in order to fix it. Of course, if the only reason that she gave you were cover reasons such as those enumerated above, then you really wouldn’t have a clue where to begin.
What you need to do
You have to look beyond these cover reasons and try to discover the root cause of your break-up. Doing this requires some degree of psychoanalysis. You have to be able to understand how your ex’s mind works to a certain extent and to discover her innate psychological tendencies so that you can work on these in order to find out the real reason that she dumped you in the first place.
Learning her lovemap is key
Basically, a lovemap is the person’s unique blueprint of the types of character traits that he/she would like in an ideal romantic partner. Anyone who satisfies another person’s lovemap would be a prospective long-term romantic partner in the person’s mind. The good news for you is that since she is your “ex-girlfriend” then you have already satisfied her lovemap before – it’s just that something happened during the course of the relationship that caused you to fall out of her lovemap specifications.
You can fall out of a person’s lovemap
There are two main reasons why you might have fallen out of your ex’s lovemap and these are:
- There were changes to your personality or other personal attributes that happened during the course of the relationship and these changes violated your ex’s lovemap specifications.
- You remained the same with no significant changes, but your ex’s lovemap specifications were changed during the course of your relationship leading to you falling out of her lovemap
No matter how you might have fallen out of your ex-girflriend’s lovemap components, the solution is still the same. You need to discover exactly what her lovemap components are and then you have to make some adjustments in order to be a better match for her lovemap.
Keep in mind that your ex most likely dumped you because she has lost hope in you as a long-term romantic partner, you need to focus on the attributes that you possess which might suit her vision of the ideal partner and you have to let these attributes really shine if you want to get your ex-girlfriend back.
- How To Get An Ex Back: 5 Essential Steps | Psychology Today
Rejection can be the start of building something better. By Susan Heitler, Ph.D....
- How to Get Back With Your Ex - How to Get Your Ex Boyfriend Back
Experts weigh in on if getting back together with your ex is a good idea and share the rules you must follow, if you do decide to give it another try.
- How To Get Back Together By Uncovering Your Exs NEEDS | RelationshipPsychology.com
How To Get Back Together - 2 Steps To Meeting And Satisfying Your Exs Needs.