What Is The True Definition Of Love? (Emunah La-Paz Defines You)
Introduction: Love, A Beautiful Concept Overshadowed by Complexity
L-O-V-E, this four letter word can cause great heartache. According to many, love is a beautiful concept overshadowed by complexity.
In order to understand the true definition of love, one must understand what love, is not.
I Corinthians 13:4 a popular verse recited at many weddings.
- Love is not envy- A feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's/ or your spouses/friend, qualities, or luck.
- Love is not boastful or proud- Showing excessive pride against your spouse/friend and self-satisfaction in one's achievements, possessions, or abilities
In The Beginning Many Couples Are In Love With The Thought Of Being In Love Temporally
Many couples are infatuated with the feeling of love. Love to some couples could be demonstrated through a physical connections. To others love could be demonstrated through fulfillment having to do with an empty void possibly through a lack of attention or a lack of self-worth.
Sadly enough, marrying for these reasons will eventually cause heartache in the marriage, being that man or woman are not mentally or physically designed to fulfill a void.
In The Beginning, Many Couples Resemble This Happy Unit Of Peace and Marital Bliss
Throughout The Course of Time, Many Couples End Up Resembling One of The Following Three Couples (Couple Number One)
Couple Number Two
And Couple Number Three
Where Did The Love Go?
Marriage counselors try to resolve the problem of incompatibility throughout the course of time, however the problem is not how to keep couples together. The problem stems from not knowing what love truly defines. Love is much deeper than physical connection or fulfillment/control.
Abraham's love for God represents the kind of love that emerges from trust. Abraham wanted to please God because he was searching for hope in a faithless world. A relationship should start with hope and faith that a true bond will take place forever.
Jealousy In Place Of Love Causes Pain
Abraham's Relationship With True Love
IN the late 1700's B.C., The history of a man named Abraham was recorded in the Hebrew Bible.
Due to Abraham's faithfulness, the Lord said, "I will establish My covenant with you, and I will make you exceedingly numerous...I assign the land you sojourn res in to you and offspring to come .... I will be their God."
Abraham believed in God's promise, yet his wife Sarah did not, in which disbelief played out through her actions.
1. Abram's wife took matters into her own hands believing that she was to old to have a child she found a surrogate mother to bare Abraham's child.Sarah's unfaithful heart caused her to hate the mother Hagar and the child Ishmael, out of jealousy.
2. Abram's wife did not believe the faithful messengers sent to confirm that she would give birth to a son, Sarah laughed, and in return her son's name stands in reflection of her mockery, she gave birth to a son name Issac which means, 'He will laugh.'
3. Sarah worried about the outcome of her life, not turning her circumstances over to the same Faith who cared for her husband.
Through Abraham's faithfulness, there was a bond/covenant created between him and a Heavenly source of love. A love that desires the imperfection of man and the unity marked through faith to make life whole.
The True Definition of Love:
Love is An action which prevails against all evil. Love is patient through faith ,and kind towards grace.
Can Love Last Forever? It All Depends...
How Long Is Forever?
If only I Could Paint The Perfect Mate
If I could paint up the perfect mate, everything would be just fine. Being that we live in an imperfect world which is designed to distract us from growing in peace, grace and faith, we have to work with what we have, a theory which works both ways. We all have odd traits. No one is capable of painting a pretty picture.