What do Men Really Want in Marriage and Relationships?
What kind of woman is a man looking for in a wife? As a woman, your dream relationship lies in understanding what men are looking for.
One of the hardest things about dating is deciding what kind of woman men want you to be. Most women spend huge amounts of money getting the perfect hair, makeup, and clothes they think will attract a man. Most men can't tell the difference between all these bits and baubles, but they sure appreciate the ones that makes you look beautiful. Most women want to know if they should be sexy, done-up, and amazing looking, or if they should look real and natural.
Men and women often feel like they're speaking different languages. Unfortunately for most women, misreading male behavior keeps them stuck in the same patterns and unfulfilling relationships with men. I would like to share insights into male behavior that most women never see.
Beautiful Women Are Good for Right Now
Men essentially want two things:
- A woman who knows how to have fun and enjoy a relationship instead of one who overanalyzes and worries.
- A woman whom he is attracted to, both physically and emotionally. Men love an amazing woman who knows when and how to expose her body.
For some men, physical attraction is the basis of a wonderful relationship. But for many, physical attraction is only good for the short term.
A beautiful woman is ideal for right now, but is she ideal for marriage? Some problems men have with amazingly beautiful women are:
- A woman who cares a lot about her appearance spends a lot of money and time taking care of her body. This can get expensive!
- With all that attention paid to her body, she never spends time reflecting on her character or improving herself in non-physical ways. Character makes a woman.
There are so many beautiful women out there who are ugly on the inside. So while beauty is satisfying for right now, not every beautiful woman is ideal for marriage.
Men Love a Natural Woman
Men are not blind, and they love beautiful women. But they can also see beyond the immediate present. A relationship needs a lot more than just physical attraction to last. I’m talking about a deeper level of attraction that includes an emotional connection and understanding, and this type of love is more likely to be achieved with a real, natural woman. Here's why:
- A man wants a woman who makes him feel great both when he is with her and when they're apart. In other words, they want a woman who knows how to be independent. A real woman isn't high maintenance, and is secure in her natural beauty.
- Men love women who they can see being a good mother to their children. A man wants a woman who is like his mother and whom his daughter will learn from.
- Men don’t want a woman they have to train to be a good person or to be the right person for them. The last thing a man wants to do is to take a woman who doesn’t “naturally” know how to be selfless and loving.
Men everywhere share an idea about “nice girls." The phrase might have slightly different meanings in different places, but the idea is the same. When a man says a girl is “nice," he means she is a real woman: natural, easy-going, humorous, emotionally balanced, secure, and independent. A nice girl is the kind of woman men see themselves committing to.
Are you a "nice girl"?