- Gender and Relationships»
- Advice & Tips for Women in Relationships
What makes a girl sexy?
So what makes a girl sexy? Well this depends very much on the other person's preferences of course, but there are a number of basic things that I believe make a girl more attractive and improve her appeal to potential boyfriends or Husbands. I can also see what girls do wrong that act as passion killers to most men, (as those of you who read my hub on the Top 10 Passion Killers for Men will testify), and now with this hub I hope to tell girls what to do right if they want to attract a man.
I was very fortunate growing up because I had a Mother who was considered an extremely attractive and desirable lady. She was beautiful, elegant, talented and very much in the public eye due to her extraordinary singing abilities (resulting in her recording with Columbia Records.) I actually published a hub about her called 'A Biography of the Exceptional Singer Mary Marshall' and this included many professional photos of her that show why she was considered such a sexy woman. Most of us learn many of our life skills from our parents, and I believe this is why both my sister and myself became very capable of dressing well, applying make up correctly and generally making ourselves look as good as we could with what we had to work with. Before I start to make us sound too much like a pair of bimbos though, I should add we both had excellent educational qualifications and could hold intelligent conversations in all kinds of social gatherings. The point I am trying to make is that being sexy is not all about looks or having the perfect body, but it is about working with what nature gave to you and making the best of it.
To keep this easy I have compiled the following list of things that I believe make a girl sexy. This can be used as a guideline for any girls reading this who feel they are not sexy or who want to be more sexy. I was the ultimate tomboy growing up, spending many hours playing with train sets and building dens in the garden. This didn't mean as I grew older I was incapable of doing things that would improve my sex appeal though, and I believe most girls can do the same if they follow the tips below.
How to be Sexy
- Take a pride in your appearance even if you are only going to the shop.
- Dress in clothing suitable for your figure and your age.
- Keep your hair cut tidily so that it does not resemble an out of control, overgrown bush. This doesn't mean having short hair, just making sure it is looks polished and smart.
- Walk tall with confidence and keep your shoulders back, tummy held in and bottom held in, (the expression used to be 'shoulders back, tummy in, tail in'.)
- Wear high heels, even if you are tall. Heels make your legs look a far nicer shape, and even if you struggle to walk in really high stilettos it is still a good idea to wear a smaller heel as opposed to flat shoes.
- Wear cosmetics even if only a small amount. I am not suggesting you have to put on foundation, powder and eyeshadow every time you set foot outside the door, but at the very least put on a little eyeliner, some mascara, blusher and either lipstick or lip gloss. You can spend more time on putting on make-up if you are going for a night out, in which case you might want to use foundation and eyeshadow too.
- Make good eye contact when you are having conversations with people. If you are really attracted to the person you are talking to looking up at them from under your eyelashes is considered very sexy. Looking at the man from a slightly 'coy' sideways angle is also sexy.
- When you enter a room full of strangers (such as a bar or a restaurant) and you know you are looking good, avoid looking around the room, hold your head high and look towards where you are going. It is far more sexy to seem unaware of any attention you are attracting.
- Sit with your legs together or crossed. It looks ever so unsexy to sit with your legs apart. Crossing and uncrossing your legs when facing the man is also seen as being very sexy.
- Show an interest in the person you are talking to and avoid only talking about yourself. Ask them about their lives, likes and dislikes etc. Make sure you listen to their answers and comment back appropriately to show you are paying attention.
- Even if you would normally drink out of a pint glass, change your habits and drink out of a half pint glass. Women drinking out of pint glasses is not attractive.
- Don't swear and curse as this is definitely not sexy. Try to speak articulately instead i.e. avoid dropping letters from words e.g. pronouncing 'butter' as 'bu'er' or using excessive slang, (you don't want to come across as uneducated.)
- If the man you are attracted to is interested in a hobby that involves getting dirty, e.g. gardening or hiking, then he will probably find it sexy that you are willing to join in and get dirty too. Surprising I know, but being sexy isn't always about looking as perfect as you can.
- Laugh, men find a woman with a sense of humour very appealing, just don't overdo it and laugh at anything, especially if you know you have an annoying laugh.
- Be funny, and this doesn't necessarily mean telling a string of jokes. Just being witty and seizing the opportunity to crack a one liner that will double everyone up laughing is just as good.
- Be strong and independent, needy women are not considered sexy.
- Don't smoke. Apart from it looking awful it also makes you smell awful.
- Wear sexy lingerie because big granny knickers are definitely not sexy.
Do you think you are sexy?
More Sex Appeal Hubs
- The Top 10 Passion Killers for Men
Following on from my hub The Top 10 Passion Killers for Women I felt it only right to redress the balance by writing a hub on The Top 10 Passion Killers for Men. After consulting my Husband and some male friends they shared with me their opinions on
- The Top 10 Passion Killers for Women
ust for a bit of fun I thought I would compile a list of the top ten passion killers for women, in other words the things Husbands, boyfriends, lovers or men in general do, that really turn us women off and leave us wanting to run for the hills or fi
- Armpit hair on women. Do you love it or hate it?
Do you think armpit hair on a woman is sexy or a big turn off? This article aims to explore the views of as many people as possible, and offers a poll so that you can vote on your own preference of hairy armpits or not on ladies.
- What are the secrets to a happy marriage or relation...
How many times have you wondered what the secret to a happy marriage or relationship is? Actually there are a combination of secrets to a happy marriage or relationship, and this article hopefully covers many of them and aims to answer the question
- How to add some romance into your relationship
Would you like to introduce some romance into your relationship? Do you think your marriage is becoming stale? This article contains suggestions of how to add some romance into your relationships, whether they are new or old, and hopefully keep the m
- When the Older Men Whisper, Hello Gorgious! A Compliment or a Dirty Mind?
What a compliment is to one person, is an offensive matter to the other. A dirty mind is a joy forever to me, knowing to others it's the biggest shame of all.
#21 of 30 in the March 2012 Challenge