When Do You Know A Relationship Is Over
It is the time to decide where your relationship stands
Relationships are great, as long as they do work out. Some problems can be discussed and resolved. BUT, recurring problems will affect even the strongest relationships. It is hard to end it, but sometimes it is the best decision to make, regardless how hard it is. It is more beneficial to all, most of the times, to end an unhappy relationship even if children are involved.
Signs that a relationship is in trouble
There are several signs that direct us to know when a relationship is no longer healthy and happy. The most common are:
- You do not like to be with your partner anymore- to be around your partner more than 5-10 minutes makes you uneasy. You do no search for time alone with him/her. You spend more and more time apart.
- You do not talk about issues you have in your relationship - you try to avoid discussion about the problems you have. You prefer not to talk at all.
- The sex life is not longer enjoyable - you are not having an intimate time anymore. You try to get into bed after your partner is already asleep. You find a lot of excuses: you have a headache, you are tired or you are not feeling well.
- You are not affectionate with each other- no hugs, no kisses, no closeness
- You find faults in everything your partner does - no matter how hard your partner tries to please you, you are always unhappy with him/her.
- You compare your partner's attributes with those of other males you know- you end up telling your partner that your male friend would have done this particular job better or differently.
- You search for someone else's affection - it is very easy to jump online on one of those dating sites and find someone else to please you, thinking that this way you can be happy.
- Your friends can tell that you have trouble in your relationship - you do not visit your friends as often as you used to; even when you do visit them, you spend less and less time with your partner and more time with your friends.
- You do not laugh anymore - you are feeling worthless, lonely and you do not feel like laughing anymore. You are always sad.
- You are stressed out constantly - you cannot sleep because the current situation stresses you out.
What if children are involved?
Children are very receptive to the relationship between their parents. They realize when something is not right. The stress caused by unhappy relationships will affect the children behavior as well. Some kids will think that they are to blame for their parents fights.
Children do not want their parents to separate. They might suffer from psychological and / or behavioral problems. They will likely develop anger problems. Their school achievement can also suffer. Other children become depressed or anxious.
How to end it?
The best way to end an unhappy relationship is to END IT AND MOVE ON. I saw partners cheating on each other so many times, being nasty to each other, arguing and fighting. These will cause nothing else just bitterness and hate.