Why Are Long Distance Relationships So Hard
Cons to Long Distance
- They can lie to you easier.
- Possibilities of them meeting someone new.
- When a relationship relies on internet access it's not always easy to get ahold of them when you need them.
- Flying/driving far is expensive.
- Sending gifts is expensive.
- Lack of hugs
- Lack of cuddles
- Lack of kisses
- Lack of sex
- They can bias you easily against people they don't like because you can't talk to them yourself.
- Lack of dates.
- When one or both of you gets busy, it can get hard to find time to be together even for a second.
Pros to Long Distance
- You're in a relationship at all
- Someone loves you despite the distance
- You can feel confident in them really choosing you because long distance isn't exactly convenient
- You have the option to keep them separate from the bad things in your life, although it's even more beneficial to be open with them.
- From personal experience, I know falling asleep on video chat is actually really adorable because my boyfriend is the cutest sleeper ever.
- Seeing them relax after a long day just from seeing your face in the video chat.
- When you finally do meet/ see each other again the joy in your heart is unbeatable.
- Something goes wrong at work/school but then their name comes up on your phone and your worries melt away.
- Imagining being with them and feeling so safe like nothing can hurt you.
- Camera kisses.
Here's My Opinion:
I hope everyone adds to these lists and creates a good discussion in the comments, but I really truly think long distance is quite worth it. You will learn quickly through my writing that I met my boyfriend online, and that I really hope and plan to have a life with him for many years to come. He lives 7 hours away, but I can get to him just about any time I need him. Here's my take on this. Sure, it's hard. I've never been able to kiss him, or even hug him. But when someone means enough to you no amount of distance will matter. You'll find ways to make it work.