- Gender and Relationships»
- Romantic Intimacy
Why Date Your Husband?
Still in loveClick thumbnail to view full-size
Why date your husband? Well the obvious answer is: so no one else will. Just kidding. It is true you need to plan a night once a week to spend with your spouse. My husband and I never had a honeymoon. It didn't dawn on me until we were married about five years. One day I was feeling really disconnected from him. It was an eerie experience, so much so, I actually sat down and gave some thought to our relationship. It didn't take me long to discover we had stopped doing a lot of the things we really enjoyed.
I quickly made changes and began dating my husband. It is one of the most important decisions I've made in the marriage. Try it and let me know how it goes.
1. Be creative--this didn't work for me because my husband is such a control freak. I can never surprise him because he is so curious and has to know everything. I hope it works for someone.
2. Go somewhere fancy at least once a month. Really do it up if you can, if you can't, go to the dollar and decorate a room for a romantic evening at home, but still dress up. My kids love to watch us leave on our dates. In his old age, my husband has decided being colored coordinated is cute. So, we often were the same colors when we leave the house.
3. No matter what, make a vow to be consistent. It really is true that one partner can turn a marriage around. That is the beautiful thing about marriage; you can design it the way you want it. It is between the two of you.
4. Be open, be honest, be kind--Don't use the time alone to deal with any problems. Be open to having fun and learning new things about the other. Be honest in your dealings and kind with your words.