- Gender and Relationships»
- Advice & Tips for Men in Relationships
Why do some Older Women date or marry Younger Men
Older women dating or marrying younger men is no longer looked with awe. I have seen many happily married older woman and younger man couples. The society has given the name Cougar Dating to relationships where older women is dating younger men which I think is very unkind and mean. When guys can date women who are old enough to be their daughters why can’t women do so? Isn’t this Hypocrisy or Double Standards?
What could be some of the reasons why some older women prefer younger men for love, marriage and sex? Given below is a list of possibilities.
12 Reasons why Older Woman prefers a Younger Man
Given below are 12 Reasons why an Older Woman may prefer a Younger Man for Relationship.
1) May be its Love: Who said an Older Women cannot fall in love with a younger man? After all, Love can happen to anyone at any time and it even makes people do strange things.
2) Not every Woman want a father figure: Often a man who is older assumes a protective and paternal role which is a major turn off to many women. Many women like to take care of themselves, speak on their own behalf and even paying their own way without the help. Many of them find their match in younger men.
3) Younger men are often better in bed: It is said that guys reach their sexual peak between the ages of 18 and 25 whereas women tend to reach their sexual peak mostly around ages 35-45. Older men mostly get disinterested or less eager in bed with time whereas younger men are eager and more satisfying in bed.
4) Younger Men are more encouraging: Younger guys are charmed by the maturity or accomplishments of Older Women and tend to admire or appreciate women who are successful. And every woman likes Compliments.
5) Younger guys are more open minded and older women find them a breath of fresh air.
6) Guys in their prime are physically attractive: Younger men with tight bodies, bright eyes, great smiles is a better catch as a romantic partner compared to a middle-aged men who are going through physical changes like balding, wrinkles or love handles.
7) To prove they can: Many Older Women get into affairs with younger men because they want to prove to themselves or others that they have the power to attract someone younger. An Older woman may feel devalued and degraded when she does not get the attention from her spouse after child bearing or several years of marriage that she feels the need to prove that she is desirable.
8) Girls just want to have fun: Many Older Women are young at heart and desire to have some fun like long drives, partying, trekking or staying out all night and find a willing partner in a younger man.
9)To feel younger: Younger men make Older Women feel younger. This is a natural response. Sometimes older men tend to slow down a bit too early for some women. Many Women feel their own youth disappearing as they enter middle age and are try to recapture it through younger men and experience the fun, excitement and vitality that they felt when they were young. Moreover, Modern Women hate to be branded as older especially when more and more women seem to be looking better in their forties and fifties.
10) Ego Boost: Dating or marrying a younger man is an ego boost especially to someone ignored or dumped by husband for a younger woman.
11) To Nurture and Dictate:Many Women want someone she can nurture or dictate. Especially women who lost their spouses to death or divorce and who have been accustomed to having someone to take care of for years and suddenly find themselves with no one to care for but themselves finds a good match in younger men. Such men also help to satisfy the mothering instinct in women.
12) Younger Men are forbidden fruit: The society is not very encouraging when it comes to older women younger men relationships. It is a normal tendency of people to rebel or go after what is ‘forbidden’
Finally, it is also said that Women usually live an average of ten years longer than men. So hooking up with a man ten years younger makes perfect sense. For whatever reason some women prefer men who are younger than themselves I think it is their own business. Age difference also should not be criteria to those who mutually respect and enjoy each others company. If an older woman and a younger man feel comfortable having a relationship then no one has the right to criticize them.