Why you should honeymoon in Hawaii
Ariel shot of Waikiki beach
Why You Should Honeymoon in Hawaii
Hawaii is the perfect location for a honeymoon. The weather is always great, there are plenty of things to see and do and the people are very friendly. My wife and I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon back in 2004 and since then I have been in love with it! I would like to propose to you that Hawaii is the perfect destination for a honeymoon (and even a vacation)!
Here is my list of pros and cons for taking a honeymoon in Hawaii. I also added a list of my most compelling reasons why I think you should honeymoon there. I hope you enjoy them!
Cons for vacationing in Hawaii:
- Finances. It can be fairly pricey to fly out to Hawaii and once you get there it doesn't get much better. The islands have a much higher cost of living compared to the mainlainds. Gas can easily be 2-3x more expensive and even a simple big mac value meal at McDonalds can run you $12-15.
- Rain. Typically, it is either sunny and in the 70s in Hawaii or it's raining. If you don't like rain then you might want to look at other honeymoon destinations (like a cave!).
- Chronology. There is only a time difference of 2 hours from the west coast, but there is a 5 hour time difference from the east coast.
- Flight. My wife and I flew from Virginia so it took us 5-6 hours to get to LA and then another 4-5 to get to Hawaii.
Pros for honeymooning in Hawaii:
- Weather. As mentioned before, it is either sunny and in the 70s or rainy. When it rains, though, there are beautiful rainbows afterward. I posted a picture we took of a magnificent rainbow after a short rain.
- Scenery. Hawaii has the world's most active volcano, TONS of beaches and pools, zoos, museums, ranches and the list goes on. If you can't find something you like there, you have a problem!
- Romance. Let's face it people- you want to find romance on your honeymoon, right? I am not the most romantic person out there by any means, but I found plenty of romantic things to do in Hawaii. Morning beach walks, horseback riding through beautiful Kualoa ranch, romantic swims in private nooks at the beach- they are all possible in Hawaii.
- Activities. There are tons of things to do for every category of person. Adventurer, relax-only kind of guy, movie buff, swimmer, sight seer...Hawaii has it all.
Most compelling reasons why you should honeymoon in Hawaii:
- Show LOST is filmed there! It is filmed primarily on the North Shore and at Kualoa ranch (both of which are on the island of Oahu). In fact, Kualoa ranch also hosted movies/shows such as Jurrasic Park, M.A.S.H., Fifty First Dates, Pearl Harbor, Godzilla and the list goes on.
- In case your parents want to make sure you're okay, you can assure them by showing yourself on the live-feed internet camera! Located on Waikiki beach, you can view the beach of Waikiki on Oahu at anytime! (See a direct link to the camera below)
- If I haven't stressed this enough, the weather is perfect! Unless you like snow, freezing rain or blistering hot 100F+ degree weather, you will quickly fall in love with the weather in Hawaii.
In conclusion, Hawaii is by far the best place to honeymoon and/or vacation. I have been to a number of countries in Europe, South America and the Caribbean and they do not compare to Hawaii. I think it's safe to say that your new-found sweetie will love you for suggesting Hawaii as your honeymoon destination! Before writing it off as a viable honeymoon option, give it a chance. Maybe you'll find it as enchanting as I've suggested.
And for those of you who have been there before, please comment below and list some of your pros/cons for vacationing or honeymooning in Hawaii! Share your wisdom with us!
I am not an "expert" in vacation/honeymoon planning and this article should
be seen as suggestive, not authoritative. As such, I do not take
responsibility for any repurcussions/backlash produced from this information.
In other words, do your own research before coming to any conclusions of your
- LIVE CAMERA images, City and County of Honolulu, Hawaii
Link to Waikiki's web camera viewable online by everyone.
- Birth Announcements - This is for after your honeymoon!
Bringing Birth Announcements to a Whole New Level