- Gender and Relationships»
- Advice & Tips for Women in Relationships
Women abused for being breadwinners in their relationships
Women abused for being breadwinners in their relationships.
Got surprised that there are women who are being abused just because they are breadwinners in a relationship. It is hard for me to understand how your partner can beat you up just because you are working and he is not. Men who abuse their partners because they are earning money for the family mostly it is that they feel useless in the relationship and when a women buys something without telling he thinks that he is being undermined because he does not work and this triggers domestic violence.
Women tend to feel guilty that they must have said something to upset their partners that is why she was pushed or slapped, if only she was selective about her answer he would have been fine. Why are we making excuses for our abusers?
Abuse happens because women make excuses for their partner’s behavior, stick around, and say no he was having a bad day or night that is why he was like that last night. Women face a lot abuse at home and at work and these are the types of violence against women that happen in our daily lives:
1. Emotional Abuse- just because you see no bruisers’ it does not there is no abuse. Emotional abuse is when your partner watches your every move, tell you how to use your money, humiliates you in front people, mostly he stops you from seeing your friends and family and he decides on how you should wear and make your hair.
2. Sexual abuse and assault- Is when your partner forces himself on you without your consent and whether you want too or not it does not bother them because it is what they want and you have no say.
3. Physical abuse- is intent to harm and it includes chocking, beating, kicking and punching. It is a brutal act.
4. Intimidation- this when your partner makes sure the message is understood by intimidating and threatening mostly by acting violent by destroying property and abusing anything that’s on the way.
Abuse and domestic violence happens in every form and it does not chose who and why. Women who are in abusive relationships they are encouraged to leave but it is not that easy it requires an escape plan.