- Gender and Relationships»
SIGNS OF A LONG MARRIAGE
- A candlelight dinner hurts your eyes and makes it difficult to see your food.
- Sharing the couch means he’s at one end and you’re at the other.
- Going for a walk in the snow isn’t romantic, it’s cold.
- Going for a walk in the summer makes you sweat and sweat, when you are past age 40, is not attractive. (Oh, c’mon, for some of you, well....someone had to say it.)
- After all these years, he still whispers three little words…“Are you awake?” Different three little words, but three little words, nevertheless.
- In the beginning of your relationship, you can live on love; after that…size DOES matter; the size of your house, the size of your car and most important……..the size of your closets.
- Conflict resolution, he concedes.
- Watch news at nine because you can’t stay awake until 10.
- Dinner out and a movie means only one thing…it’s your anniversary.
- Whispering sweet nothings in your ear is pointless when the other person keeps saying…what?
- Compromise is required. So what if he loses his hair and you gain weight? Compromise….have two thin kids with hair, we did.
After 27 years of marriage, I have had people ask, "what's your secret?" It’s simple, live by the 4 L’s.
- Love always
- Laugh often
- Lean on each other in good times and in bad
- Learn- to “let it go!” In the great big world of “stuff that can mess up your day,” the issue is probably not worth the effort.
One last tip for a healthier marriage. If your partner snores, do NOT pinch the nose closed!