1. Honestly answer the question: Why do you want to be in a relationship?
2. Write down exactly what traits and characteristics you want in a mate. (Your shopping list)
3. If you were this “Mr. Right”, Would you want a woman like you? If not work on becoming the kind of woman a man like him would be attracted to.
4. Write down what makes you special or unique and what you have to offer.
5. (Keep in mind the traits a man looks for in a woman are different from those a woman looks for in a man) The big three for most men are (a) physical attractiveness, (b) pleasant personality, and (c)a good sense of humor.
Your degrees, profession, income, and other accomplishments mean nothing if he is not attracted to you and does not enjoy spending time with you. (Make sure you hunt with the "right bait".) Too many women think men are looking for the same things in women as they do in men. Wrong! Whether she's a waitress or doctor it doesn't matter.
6. Take your time and enjoy the dating process. Don’t push for exclusivity until you really know him. Keep your options open.
7. Periodically but (casually) intertwine or weave in key questions. Don’t interrogate!
8. Note whether or not he asks (you) questions. Being asked questions is a sign of genuine interest.
9. Make sure you are (in agreement) on all the things that matter to you. Opposites may attract in the short run but it’s (like that attracts like) for the long run.
10. Have the discipline to stick to YOUR “shopping list”! Don’t fall into the trap of falling in love with “potential” believing you can “change” him. You want someone who (already is) the guy! Remember you are responsible for your own happiness. Each of us chooses our own friends, lovers, and spouse. You are responsible for your choices!