dipsmi profile image 31

Both my mom and mother in law have a habit of telling how much they are doing for us

Both my mom and mother in aw have a habit of telling how much they are doing for us whenever they visit us! They start cooking even before I am awake and annoy with the dominance they show around my house. It is easy to convince my mother that wwhat she is doing is by her choice and no one has told her to do it (with great help from my father). Howeverr my pa in law doesnt open his mouth in front of my mum in law. My husband doesnt want to say anything to either of them(mom and MIL) cause he thinks he may sound rude and leaves the matter to me.How can I deal with this attitude of my mom in la

arb profile image80

arb says

• dipsmi profile image

dipsmi 5 years ago

Arb, you have really sweet suggestions but alas! i cannot follow them Moreover I want my in laws to visit us as I think it will nt be fair for my husband.

mathira profile image86

mathira says

• dipsmi profile image

dipsmi 5 years ago

Dear mathira, i have tried doing that but she insists on following her decision and there's where the problem begins.

katyzzz profile image59

katyzzz says

• dipsmi profile image

dipsmi 5 years ago

katyzzz, my MIL has allowed my husband's cousin and family(financially sound) to stay with them. She cooks&pays for all expenses. However she keeps on dominating them due to this reason. In my case,we pay all the exp but still she tries to domin

deannachase profile image61

deannachase says

• dipsmi profile image

dipsmi 5 years ago

deannachase, my husband is "blessed" with a bad tongue. He is willing to help me but I know things will get worse if he utters anything cause being a mom she will be hurt by his harsh words but will blame me for coaxing him to scold her.