michememe profile image 76

Can ex-lovers really be friends? Is it best to let things end, without remaining connected reguarly?

My guy friend ended our courtship two months ago. Why? He wasn't ready to love me. I uttered the words I love you, first. I wanted to share my feelings instead of keeping them boxed in. Last week, he revealed, these words. "I was falling in love with you, I was in love with you, and I still am." Words I wanted to hear months ago. However, they missed the mark. We have been on dates, talking on the phone, and we still do nice things for each other since the end of the courtship. I'm his best friend, he says. It's hard being friends and doing these things with him, because I am in love with him.

• michememe profile image

Miche Wro (michememe) 5 years ago

Thank you for this advice. It has done me some good. Everytime, he and I are together, he does the frisky touch, buy me something, or want to do lunch or a movie. My heart breaks every time we speak. I am his best friend, I don't need more friends.

Cristale profile image88

Cristale says

• michememe profile image

Miche Wro (michememe) 5 years ago

Cristale, after speaking with Hub writer dashingscorpio, I have let it go. Hard..but for my sanity it's the best thing.

michememe profile image76

Miche Wro (michememe) says

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 5 years ago

Michememe, I have helped others along this road. It probably would be best for you to contact me. Simply click on any of my hubs and you will have the option on the right column to contact dashingscorpio. Never forget YOU get to choose your reality.