Etherealenigma profile image 88

Do men ever advise their buddies to date a woman simply because she's nice?

I had friends in my church group that kept pushing me towards a man that expressed interest in me, but that I was not interested in him. Their reasoning was that I should date him because he's sweet and nice. I should give him a chance, despite the fact that I kept saying that he was not my type. They thought the fact that he was in church and seem very nice and sweet with sufficient reason for me to give him a chance. For some reason my stating that I was not attracted to him and that he was not my type made no difference whatsoever. Do you think that just being in church is enough?

Best Answer dashingscorpio says

• Etherealenigma profile image

Sandra M. Urquhart (Etherealenigma) 4 years ago

You are absolutely right! I always thought that my standards were too high, because I want the passionate desire along with the practical benefits. I want to come to the table with equal benefits to offer. Most women settle just to say, I have a man.

darvinbunder profile image61

Devin Bender (darvinbunder) says

• Etherealenigma profile image

Thank you. I do appreciate the comment. I will try to put that advice to good use in the future.

joy4856 profile image70

Shariar Joy (joy4856) says

• Etherealenigma profile image

Yeah, they like to prank each other and compete.

CJ Sledgehammer says

• Etherealenigma profile image

Yeah...that's my exact sentiment. I know I probably won't get exactly what I'd prefer physically, and that's ok as long as the character and spiritual part is in place. Nevertheless, I'd still like to have SOME physical attraction to the person.