alexandriaruthk profile image 54

Can a person change because a partner or a lover wants him/her to?

Can a person really change another person? For example in a relationship can the woman change a man - meaning change his attitude or behavior. Or is it that people don't really change at all except when they like to and not because of their partner.

Collisa profile image77

Columba Smith (Collisa) says

• alexandriaruthk profile image

alexandriaruthk 5 years ago

I like what you're suggesting only that some people need encouragement. A good positive as well as a little bit of encouragement is perhaps good, isn't it? Not nagging.

Volitans profile image86

Volitans says

• alexandriaruthk profile image

alexandriaruthk 5 years ago

Well, I was thinking no relationships are perfect and perhaps I might as well think about whether I can live with the imperfections instead of trying to change other person. Thanks for replying to this question.

Dr Billy Kidd profile image91

Dr Billy Kidd says

• alexandriaruthk profile image

alexandriaruthk 5 years ago

Fair enough, I like what you said about showing them that their behavior is not productive, could do it. Building freindship while in a relationship is a challenge! Thanks for your time.

Ashantina profile image61

Ashantina says

• alexandriaruthk profile image

alexandriaruthk 5 years ago

But it is rather too late because they left already? Is there some kind of compromise, while the other one is trying to become a model, there should be effort by the other partner. Thanks for your comment.

Jade0215 says

• alexandriaruthk profile image

alexandriaruthk 5 years ago

Fair enough, the change needs to come from them voluntarily, not just because they love you and they that you have a point. Friends and relatives can encourage them as well but like what you said it can be construed as a controlling behavior. Thanks.

• alexandriaruthk profile image

alexandriaruthk 5 years ago

Well maybe if you really love that person, you will encourage him/her to change because it is for their better. like you said the point is why now and why not just love me for who I am. Thanks for your comment mam!

inChristalone profile image59

inChristalone says