thisiknow profile image 60

What would you do if your friend flirted with your spouse?

While on vacation with a few other couples, I watched in disbelief as one friend blatantly flirted with another friends husband. I could not understand why his wife said nothing. Being good friends with the wife I finally got up the nerve to ask her why she didn’t put a stop to it. She said that it was her husbands responsibility to respect his wife, ignore the flirting girl, and focus his attention on the wife. At the end of the trip, my friend and her husband ended up arguing about this. It didn’t end well. I am not sure how I would have handled this. So what would you do?

jennshealthstore profile image87

Jenn (jennshealthstore) says

• thisiknow profile image

thisiknow 5 years ago

They ended up in a fight because the wife waited until she was very angry before she said anything to husband. It wouldn't have be an argument if she told him sooner.

-If it were me, I would have said something the minute it started to bother me.

tehgyb profile image87

Don Colfax (tehgyb) says

ima bemedou 3 years ago

That's being a true friend. Not only because you kept it real and were honest, but you showed Sally you had her back. You rock.

yeagerinvestments profile image86

yeagerinvestments says

• thisiknow profile image

thisiknow 5 years ago

I agree with the wife. He owes it to his wife to show her some respect so I think I would have spoken to him about it. Then later, when alone, I probably would have said something to the ‘flirting girl’ who also needs to respect her friends.

wychic profile image91

Rebecca Mikulin (wychic) says

Dr Billy Kidd profile image92

Dr Billy Kidd says

• thisiknow profile image

thisiknow 5 years ago

I watched the ‘flirting girl’s’ boyfriend too. He didn’t seem to care about what was going on, …but he is used to her actions… and he knows that she has cheated on all of her boyfriends in the past, so I’m guessing that he expects this to happen.

Besarien profile image84

Besarien says

g37752 profile image75

g37752 says

Silwen profile image81

Silwen says

• thisiknow profile image

thisiknow 5 years ago

There is absolutely nothing wrong with flirting. I think its healthy. I fully expect my husband to flirt and it doesn’t bother me, but I wouldn’t want him doing it in front of me. Out of respect, I don’t flirt with other men in front of him.

swilliams profile image84

Emunah La Paz (swilliams) says

Rosana Modugno profile image84

Rosana Modugno says

• thisiknow profile image

thisiknow 5 years ago

I think the major problem in this story, was the fact that we all know the ‘flirting girl’ very well. We know what she is capable of… and her lack of morals. My friend (the wife) is not the jealous type, but this upset her.

Oztinato profile image81

Oztinato says

Penny G profile image72

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) says

lostohanababy profile image60

lostohanababy says

Amanda Gee profile image62

Amanda Gee says

• thisiknow profile image

thisiknow 5 years ago

I wouldn’t be worried about ending the friendship either but I also wouldn’t want to want to make the rest of the trip uncomfortable for everyone else. You are absolutely right though... the 'flirting girl' is not a true friend.

Allysen MarLeah profile image58

Allysen MarLeah says

• thisiknow profile image

thisiknow 5 years ago

The ‘flirting girl’ has always acted in ways to get the attention of men. She is the type of girl who can not stay faithful… always has a number of men on a string. On top of that she is a ‘social drunk’. But, …she has never flirted with anyone’s hus

padmendra profile image45

PADMENDRA S R (padmendra) says

muthiri profile image61

joseph gitonga muriithi (muthiri) says

movielardatadare profile image39

movielardatadare says

• thisiknow profile image

thisiknow 5 years ago

There is a difference between friendly, playful flirting and intense -I want you now- signals. In this story it was not ‘all in fun’ flirting. I understand why the wife was upset. I just think that I would have handled it differently than she did.