thisiknow profile image 60

What would you do if your friend flirted with your spouse?

While on vacation with a few other couples, I watched in disbelief as one friend blatantly flirted with another friends husband. I could not understand why his wife said nothing. Being good friends with the wife I finally got up the nerve to ask her why she didn’t put a stop to it. She said that it was her husbands responsibility to respect his wife, ignore the flirting girl, and focus his attention on the wife. At the end of the trip, my friend and her husband ended up arguing about this. It didn’t end well. I am not sure how I would have handled this. So what would you do?

jennshealthstore profile image86

Jenn (jennshealthstore) says

• thisiknow profile image

thisiknow 5 years ago

They ended up in a fight because the wife waited until she was very angry before she said anything to husband. It wouldn't have be an argument if she told him sooner.

-If it were me, I would have said something the minute it started to bother me.

yeagerinvestments profile image85

yeagerinvestments says

• thisiknow profile image

thisiknow 5 years ago

I agree with the wife. He owes it to his wife to show her some respect so I think I would have spoken to him about it. Then later, when alone, I probably would have said something to the ‘flirting girl’ who also needs to respect her friends.

g37752 profile image69

g37752 says

Silwen profile image79

Silwen says

• thisiknow profile image

thisiknow 5 years ago

There is absolutely nothing wrong with flirting. I think its healthy. I fully expect my husband to flirt and it doesn’t bother me, but I wouldn’t want him doing it in front of me. Out of respect, I don’t flirt with other men in front of him.

Oztinato profile image82

Oztinato says

Besarien profile image86

Besarien says

tehgyb profile image83

Don Colfax (tehgyb) says

ima bemedou 3 years ago

That's being a true friend. Not only because you kept it real and were honest, but you showed Sally you had her back. You rock.

swilliams profile image85

Emunah La Paz (swilliams) says

Dr Billy Kidd profile image92

Dr Billy Kidd says

• thisiknow profile image

thisiknow 5 years ago

I watched the ‘flirting girl’s’ boyfriend too. He didn’t seem to care about what was going on, …but he is used to her actions… and he knows that she has cheated on all of her boyfriends in the past, so I’m guessing that he expects this to happen.

Rosana Modugno profile image83

Rosana Modugno says

• thisiknow profile image

thisiknow 5 years ago

I think the major problem in this story, was the fact that we all know the ‘flirting girl’ very well. We know what she is capable of… and her lack of morals. My friend (the wife) is not the jealous type, but this upset her.

wychic profile image79

Rebecca Mikulin (wychic) says

movielardatadare profile image61

movielardatadare says

• thisiknow profile image

thisiknow 5 years ago

There is a difference between friendly, playful flirting and intense -I want you now- signals. In this story it was not ‘all in fun’ flirting. I understand why the wife was upset. I just think that I would have handled it differently than she did.

Penny G profile image73

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) says

muthiri profile image60

joseph gitonga muriithi (muthiri) says

• thisiknow profile image

thisiknow 5 years ago

The ‘flirting girl’ has always acted in ways to get the attention of men. She is the type of girl who can not stay faithful… always has a number of men on a string. On top of that she is a ‘social drunk’. But, …she has never flirted with anyone’s hus

Allysen MarLeah profile image62

Allysen MarLeah says

Amanda Gee profile image61

Amanda Gee says

• thisiknow profile image

thisiknow 5 years ago

I wouldn’t be worried about ending the friendship either but I also wouldn’t want to want to make the rest of the trip uncomfortable for everyone else. You are absolutely right though... the 'flirting girl' is not a true friend.

lostohanababy profile image59

lostohanababy says

padmendra profile image2

PADMENDRA S R (padmendra) says