kenneth avery profile image 82

If you do all that you can for your wife or husband and it isn't good enough, then what do you do?

In the same vein as the Japanese grandmother, allow me to ask, "if you do all that you can to please your wife or husband, and that isn't good enough, then what?"

msorensson profile image62

Best Answer msorensson says

tirelesstraveler profile image85

Judy Specht (tirelesstraveler) says

• kenneth avery profile image

Kenneth Avery 5 years ago

I appreciate this resonse so much. I have, for years, been a "doer," to make my mate approve of me and love me, but many's the time that I only end up disappointed. You have helped me, tirelesstraveler, and I love you for that.

MsDora profile image94

Dora Isaac Weithers (MsDora) says

• kenneth avery profile image

Kenneth Avery 5 years ago

I've been told that "I" meet her needs, but still, I seldom get any thanks or approval, but a lot of "why didn't you do it that way?" and things. Oh well. Praise God anyway.

• kenneth avery profile image

Kenneth Avery 5 years ago

ChristinS . . .you are so right. And I cannot make anyone LOVE me either. Guess I should just do my best and live with this personal failure.

SmartAndFun profile image91

SmartAndFun says

• kenneth avery profile image

Kenneth Avery 5 years ago

SmartAndFun, sadly, I have done this, spoken in kind words and honestly, some loud tones, but not profane, and it still remains the same. I hate the axiom, "I can't win," for that is the confession of a self-proclaimed loser. I just want to be loved.

• kenneth avery profile image

Kenneth Avery 5 years ago

I heard that. And you are also right. I guess I am just going to learn that NOT all that I do for my mate will ever be good enough. Not a deal-breaker, but honestly, hard to deal with at times.

• kenneth avery profile image

Kenneth Avery 5 years ago

Nicely-said, duffsmom, and I thank you.

• kenneth avery profile image

Kenneth Avery 5 years ago

Dear peoples, Im afraid that you are right. Thanks for the honesty.

lupine profile image81

lupine says

• kenneth avery profile image

Kenneth Avery 5 years ago

lupine . . .you are so right. All I can do is all I can do. Thanks for your comment. Take care and love you for that warm response.

hi friend profile image61

hi friend says

• kenneth avery profile image

Kenneth Avery 5 years ago

hi friend, true, but when it means ALL FOR THE PARTNER, and none for the doer or giver, what then?

gmwilliams profile image81

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

bac2basics profile image90

Anne (bac2basics) says

DDE profile image53

Devika Primić (DDE) says

• kenneth avery profile image

Kenneth Avery 5 years ago

DDE, thank you, but I have given all I can to this one person. I have not that much of ME to keep for myself. But thanks so much for your input. I appreciate YOU.

Starmom41 says

• kenneth avery profile image

Kenneth Avery 5 years ago

Thanks, Starmom, you hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately, when I talk to her like this, civil, sane, and quietly, it does no good. So I just need help in accepting that not all women are as nurturing as some. Thanks.