brittvan22 profile image 81

How do I articulate my point without anger?

To be quite honest, I'm pissed. I trusted my aunt who wanted to take my daughter, baby sister, and aunt for a minivaca. We had established expectations and boundaries.So, the day before they are to return, my sister is very upset. My aunt informs me that she and my other aunt have decided that my sister doesn't need a phone or a fb acct. (as if they run anything over here) Then, she is chastising my sister verbally for things my sister says she is not doing. I told my sister to tell her to talk to me the adult not her the child. My mom is deceased, so I feel very protective of them. Help!

Dr Billy Kidd profile image91

Dr Billy Kidd says

• brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 5 years ago

I'm responsible for all three now. They are my first priority. For my aunt, its not generational, she has learned that yelling and acting a fool gets her what she wants from childhood and she is a grown child with the same behavior. Thanks for input

cupidsfeather profile image59

cupidsfeather says

• brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 5 years ago

She took it to a sneaky low by trying to talk my sister out of going to Julliard, which my Mom, my sister and i decided before she died to go to her alma mater. Thanks i will definitely keep this in mind. Messing with our set college plans is bold.

shivanchirakkal10 profile image57

shivanchirakkal10 says

• brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 5 years ago

Thanks, I took suggestion 2, she took it to another level when she tried to change my sister's established college plans that my mom, me and my sister discussed and decided. She will have to respect the boundaries or #1 and thats it.

SparrowMinistries says

• brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 5 years ago

I will definitely look into that, thanks. I am a passionate person and when I feel disrespected and lied to I do not respond well. I'm still young, but I'm calm enough to let her know what she needs now, she is a bold person.