Greensleeves Hubs profile image 97

How do you cope when you cannot prove your innocence, even when you know you have behaved correctly?

Have you experienced a situation in which you cannot prove your innocence of improper behaviour (in this case family financial relationships) even tho' you know in your heart you have acted correctly?

SidKemp profile image92

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

That's a thoughtful answer Sid. I like the suggestion about remaining respectful. I think that's right. If you can feel that not only have you acted correctly in the past, but you are still acting correctly, then your own moral integrity is retained.

mindyjgirl profile image73

Mindy (mindyjgirl) says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

Thanks mindyjgirl. I've written a couple of letters to try to explain my actions, but my explanations have been largely ignored. I agree though it is best to try to clearly put your points in a letter rather than getting involved in a shouting match.

Etherealenigma profile image85

Sandra M. Urquhart (Etherealenigma) says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

A very nice answer. An on-going dispute and an unpleasant phone call today prompted this question. As I am someone who suffers from stress I hate this kind of situation. It can certainly ruin one's day thinking about it! I appreciate your words.

Express10 profile image88

H C Palting (Express10) says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

It is best to ignore those who criticise without good foundation. It's not always so easy because hurtful comments get inside your head and it's difficult to stop that, but you're right about trying to avoid them as much as possible. Thanks.

yssubramanyam profile image60

yssubramanyam says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

Lots of thanks for those words of support. One does have to just try and stay calm and rise above false allegations. Appreciate your comment very much.

libby1970 profile image81

libby1970 says

• Kathryn L Hill profile image

Kathryn L Hill 5 years ago

(Mothers, beware. I know this is off topic and I could get the boot for it.) Have you heard of the phrase C Y A ? We can also be proactive in life. Your question reminds us the Importance of being proactive in protecting ourselves.

Jenna Pope profile image60

Jenna Pope says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

This reply seems the right way to approach it, pretty similar to what SidKemp says elsewhere. I guess just to maintain one's integrity, self belief and correctness of behaviour is all one can do.

ginjill ashberry profile image74

Ashley TKL (ginjill ashberry) says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

Absolutely right that whatever the consequences, if the intent is good and right, then there should not be too much in the way of recriminations. It's a good philosophical approach to coping with problems when people think you've done the wrong thing

Greensleeves Hubs profile image97

Greensleeves Hubs says

bac2basics profile image89

Anne (bac2basics) says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

Certainly frustrating bac2basics, but philosophically I guess it's true that if you can't do anything about what other people think then it's best to just ignore it and let them get on with their lives, whilst also getting on with your own. Cheers.

Kathryn L Hill profile image86

Kathryn L Hill says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

Thank you Kathryn. I don't very often ask questions on HubPages - I prefer writing hubs or answering questions than asking my own - but the response here has been quite heartwarming.

LanaLu profile image61

LanaLu says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

Thank you LanaLu for a well considered answer. The last part of it hopefully applies to the case which prompted this question, because it's not an issue which should lead to a court action, but all your points will be helpful to myself or to others

onegoodwoman profile image75

onegoodwoman says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

Trying to make a fresh start, being positive and forgetting the past and living for the future is an inspiring suggestion. Thanks. Coincidentally in view of your comment, my problem is related to the death of a parent and matters of estate management

galleryofgrace profile image82

galleryofgrace says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

It's hard not to worry about it but it is the best policy to adopt if possible, if one cannot do anything else about it. Your words all show good sense. Thanks.

How to Cope With Being Blamed For Something You Didn't Do94

How to Cope With Being Blamed For Something You Didn't Do

msorensson profile image65

msorensson says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

Thank you msorensson. One has to keep a conviction of the moral high ground to rise above false allegations

sarmack profile image60

Sarah (sarmack) says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

Thank you sarmack. Your supporting words are warm and encouraging.

pmcminn profile image62

pmcminn says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

Thank you pmcminn for commenting. It was good to hear your thoughts on this question. Welcome to HubPages by the way - hope you enjoy writing here. Alun.

christianesk profile image61

christianesk says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

Thank you christianesk. I am not myself religious, but I am sure others who have been in this situation can gain much support from their faith. Indeed it is the kind of situation where I can envy those who do have faith.

SparrowMinistries says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

Thank you for your comment. By your criteria I would classify my experience of this as abuse. Thank you for your 'quote'. Although I am not religious, I do recognise that the Bible has something of value to say on most matters, including this one.

danielabram says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 5 years ago

Thank you danielabram - I appreciate that - it is true I think. Like a previous contributor pmcminn, I see you've only just joined HubPages, so I wish you the very best on the site.