In this case; you have to ask yourself a few questions!
1. Are you depressed due to a tragic situation?
If so, then know that the issue will get better in time. It takes time to recover from a death, loss of relationship, or etc. Just remember to always think with your glass half full rather than half empty.
2. Are you simply depressed all of the time without cause?
If so, then you may have a chemical embalance within your brain causing the depression. A prescribed anti-depressant can help alter these chemicals in your brain to help promote a better quality of self health; such as happiness.
3. Choices: you have a choice!
Think posative thoughts, rather than negative ones.
Be thankful for what you do have rather than what you don't have. Strive for a total self worth of true joy; do this by telling yourself your worth it!
You can achieve happiness with taking what you have and appreciating it. Never give up on your dreams, and never give up your goal: To Be Happy.
Conclusion: How To Be Happy
2. Posative attitude
3. Enjoy the little things
4. Find a healthy hobby
5. Write every day about your thoughts for stress relief
6. Never turn to drugs or alcohol!
7. Forgive those who have hurt you!
8. Forgive yourself!
9. Time heals all wounds.
10. Be patient!