StandingJaguar profile image 93

What are some wedding reception alternatives to the typical dance party?

I'm planning my wedding (next summer) and would like some ideas for the reception. It will be a midmorning wedding with a lunch reception, so the typical drunken dance party doesn't really seem appropriate. Plus, my fiance and I are very introverted, and we want nothing to do with dancing. ... So, what else to do?!? Nearly all of the guests will be traveling to get there, so I want them to still have a good time. (Music will either be spanish guitar or cuban band. Wedding is in New Mexico). Thanks!

That Grrl profile image78

Laura Brown (That Grrl) says

• StandingJaguar profile image

Amy (StandingJaguar) 4 years ago

Thank you for your comment ThatGrrl. I too am hoping to spend time conversing with my guests. I'll take a good conversation over drinking any time!

skgrao profile image39

S K G Rao. (skgrao) says

• StandingJaguar profile image

Amy (StandingJaguar) 4 years ago

Thanks for your comment skgrao. There will be music, and I am not going to ban my guests from dancing if they wish. But I am interested to hear of other organized activities/events we can include so that the entertainment focus is not 100% dancing.