mypleasurefantasy profile image 83

Why is it always the man who is called a deadbeat dad? Never the woman?


Has our society grown to blame every parent disaster on the father? Example, why are men deadbeats and not women? I don't think I can ever remember hearing a woman called that. Also why does the non custodial parent (usually the father) have to pay more towards support than the mother? Example the NCP is responsible for 70% and the custodial for the other 30%. Can anyone explain how that's fair?

 

sort by best latest

multiculturalsoul profile image87

JJ Murray (multiculturalsoul) says

You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this answer up or down.

4 years ago
 |  Comment
  • mypleasurefantasy profile image

    mypleasurefantasy 4 years ago

    I don't believe that would be true actually. Even if every father stepped up, and most do, they still get raped by the corrupt system. Child support is take care of the child, not the state. Then heaven forbid the custodial parent is on assistance.

BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image84

BLACKANDGOLDJACK says

You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this answer up or down.

4 years ago
 |  Comment
dashingscorpio profile image84

dashingscorpio says

You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this answer up or down.

4 years ago
 |  Comment
  • mypleasurefantasy profile image

    mypleasurefantasy 4 years ago

    Okay I can see your point. However you only spoke of the rich not the working middle or lower class. I've seen mothers who work make more than their father and pay 268/month in child support. Now men pay 600-1200 a month for one kid. Why?


  • See all 2 comments
safiq ali patel profile image70

safiq ali patel says

You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this answer up or down.

4 years ago
 |  Comment
SunilKalsi profile image61

Sunil (SunilKalsi) says

You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this answer up or down.

4 years ago
 |  Comment
profile image0

Justsilvie says

You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this answer up or down.

4 years ago
 |  Comment