christinekv profile image 77

How important is what you say or share (or don't say or share) with friends and family?

Is it more important to be honest and genuine, or is it more important to hold back regarding thoughts and feelings in an effort to keep the peace? If one can't be honest, what does this say about the relationship and is it worth investing in?

crickette_w profile image75

crickette_w says

• christinekv profile image

christinekv 4 years ago

Needing to be true to ourselves is hitting the nail on the head. Some people prefer a reality that is more surfacey in contrast to deep. I prefer being "real" and family I think should be in the "inner circle" but sadly this can't always be the case.

• christinekv profile image

christinekv 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing . At first the Zorro circles didn't make sense to me but I think I get that you are trying to illustrate inner + outer circles...those who are closest to us in terms of being real and genuine are in the inner circle.