cuttler profile image 60

What is the best way to end a relationship that you feel is weighing you down?

Have you ever felt stuck in a relationship and the only way out is the hard way? How would you go about ending such a relationship?

Best Answer dashingscorpio says

• cuttler profile image

Cuttler 4 years ago

This is truly great advice. Thank you for taking your time for this. I have taken into what u have shared and I think I can avoid a bad scenario by following most of your advice. This answer is a gem. Thank you for sharing

• cuttler profile image

Cuttler 4 years ago

The right way....always the hard way...but the best way. Am still summing up enough strength to do it and I totally agree with you that honesty is the right way to go...hard, but right. Thanks for sharing you thoughts.

Stina Caxe profile image87

Cristina (Stina Caxe) says

• cuttler profile image

Cuttler 4 years ago

I once tried breaking up with someone over email and it did not go down well. I think your second suggestion is much better, though it is the hardest coz then one has to deal with the tears and heartbreak firsthand. Thanks for the suggestion.

lupine profile image81

lupine says

• cuttler profile image

Cuttler 4 years ago

Thanks. U have it up very well. I agree that I have been racking my brains too hard about this whole thing. It would so much easier if I just took the high road and ended it as it is. thanks again for sharing.

CrescentSkies profile image83

Michael Ward (CrescentSkies) says

• cuttler profile image

Cuttler 4 years ago

True, the dynamics of this situation can really change. One minute you are reading the breakup speech n before you know it the speech turns from breakup to reconciliation.

Escobana profile image87

Escobana says

• cuttler profile image

Cuttler 4 years ago

Thank you so much for your kind words. I can't wait to get this heavy load off my back and breath a sigh of relief. For long I have feared what it will do to her but in the end I realised that if am not happy then I can't make her happy. Thanks again

• cuttler profile image

Cuttler 4 years ago

Thanks Duffsmom...always hard to break up with someone but sometimes it is for the better....thanks again for your suggestion...I highly appreciate it

ronhi profile image81

ronhi says

• cuttler profile image

Cuttler 4 years ago

The answers here are just amazing. Its just great how HP provides us with more than a writing platform but also some form of social meeting place.

ReneeDC1979 profile image60

Renee' D. Campbell (ReneeDC1979) says

• cuttler profile image

Cuttler 4 years ago

Thanks Renee...my only hope is that we can leave it on good terms of understanding and mutual respect towards each other. Actually the questions you mentioned have been running in my mind but I think its about time I stood my ground. Thanks again

• cuttler profile image

Cuttler 4 years ago

Thanks Iburmaster...I just hate to think of how it would be if I broke up with her only for her to bump into her everyday at work. Lucky for me we are worlds apart and I can easily go off grid from her and wait it out. Thanks again

platinumOwl4 profile image43

platinumOwl4 says

lovish09 profile image59

LOVISH JUNEJA (lovish09) says

AbFreak101 profile image60

AbFreak101 says

frumpleton says