MissJamieD profile image 78

Have you ever been in true love before? What did it feel like?

I was engaged for a couple of years until I was 20, we broke it off then I was married for 15 years. I never knew love until I met my current boyfriend. I have no idea what I was thinking with my past two relationships, there was no love there, just lust. Have you every truly been in love and how would you describe it? What were thing things that made you see what true love is?

Stina Caxe profile image87

Cristina (Stina Caxe) says

• MissJamieD profile image

MissJamieD 4 years ago

I know exactly what you mean. I did the same thing, found men that I knew would hurt me, so I could hurt them first without them caring. I didn't like feeling out of control with love so I chose not to.

Andy McGuire profile image85

Andy McGuire says

• MissJamieD profile image

MissJamieD 4 years ago

Short, sweet, perfectly said. Sorry you've been hurt but you will prevail in love someday, if even just with yourself.

connorj profile image80

John Connor (connorj) says

• MissJamieD profile image

MissJamieD 4 years ago

I absolutely see where your love is. It's beautiful and it's exactly what I have right now, for the first time in my life. I commend you and congratulate you because so many people today don't fight for their love.

• MissJamieD profile image

MissJamieD 4 years ago

Adorable story, thanks for sharing. And congratulations for finding your true love, both of you:)

Reynold Adade profile image60

Reynold Adade says

• MissJamieD profile image

MissJamieD 4 years ago

You're so right. It does hurt physically and emotionally to be apart from a person you truly love. I'd never known that until now. I'm sorry to anyone who's lost someone they love, but it was God's plan. I wish you a great future in love.

Rayne123 says

• MissJamieD profile image

MissJamieD 4 years ago

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm thankful for the past relationships I had because even though I carry some of the negative with me, it's more positive because I learned what my boundaries are.