sallybea profile image 98

If you spouse developed an incurable disease, would you consider leaving him or her?

ShaydeShaffer profile image61

Best Answer Shayde Shaffer (ShaydeShaffer) says

• sallybea profile image

Sally Gulbrandsen (sallybea) 4 years ago

A very well thought out and well considered answer. I applaud you lady, what a brave lady! We only have one life and with a only a short one left, we should make the most of it in that situation. I appreciate that! Definitely a thumbs up for me.

jlpark profile image87

Jacqui (jlpark) says

• sallybea profile image

Thank you for your comment jlpark - It is great to see that there are so many men willing to stick by their wives in sickness or in health and also in a civil union which in my mind is exactly the same - commitment. for life.

JimTxMiller profile image76

Jim Miller (JimTxMiller) says

• sallybea profile image

That is very reassuring JimYxMiller - it is said sometimes that men find illness more difficult to cope with. especially when extra housework and caring for the children and the sick wife can get hard to cope with. Perhaps that is just here-say

thecatgallery profile image71

Dr. Eve Riser-Roberts (thecatgallery) says

• sallybea profile image

Thank you for sharing your story. I have worked with people with dementia and have a little experience of Alzheimer's . I have some understanding of your situation. How wonderful for your husband to have such a supportive and loving wife.

sarahmoose profile image83

Sarah Chewings (sarahmoose) says

• sallybea profile image

Hello sarahmoose, It is wonderful to see such devotion and a great example for us to follow - though I hope that you never have to - thank you for taking the time to answer this question.

Cantuhearmescream profile image83

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) says

• sallybea profile image

I second the thanks Cantuhearmescream. I am so grateful to you and to all the people who have thus far responded. I just realized that you have all helped to restore my faith in humanity.

tenderLaine profile image77

tenderLaine says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

I offer you a cyber-hug. Obviously you are a very strong, couragous woman for what you have been through. I hope you find a way to see the sun in every day.

SunkistGirl profile image59

Ann Pingrey-Korthas (SunkistGirl) says

• sallybea profile image

I had understood that Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that is spread to humans by infected ticks. I became interested in it when I was bitten by a non infected tick.recently. I am sad for your situation but reassured by your love and faith.

larakern profile image74

larakern says

• sallybea profile image

It definitely does help larakern. I believe your Mum was a great example for all of us to follow. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by.

Hamda Aslam Khan says

• sallybea profile image

Hello Hamda Aslam Khan, A lovely and caring response to this difficult question. I love the idea of creating memories for people, a sense of humor helps to keep things on an even keel.

Thank you so much for your comment.

Elderberry Arts profile image96

Claire (Elderberry Arts) says

• sallybea profile image

Hello Elderberry, I am sorry to hear that you and your boys have health issues. Take comfort in the fact that life is full of surprises, often some great ones. Mr Right will probably turn up when you are least expecting it.!! Blessings.

• sallybea profile image

Interesting, it seems that perhaps for some people they have underlying problems in the relationship and the illness just becomes their excuse to move on.

FanOfStuff profile image61

Not telling (FanOfStuff) says

• sallybea profile image

FanOfStuff My deepest sympathies for your loss and thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. Sally

• sallybea profile image

Lovely to hear that there are people such as yourself with a high value placed on loyalty and love. Thank you for your response.

Sojourner1234 profile image82

John Marshall (Sojourner1234) says

• sallybea profile image

I completely agree with you Sojourner1234, seems like it is just too easy to chuck in the towel when you develop problems. Sad as sometimes you don't know what you have lost until it is gone! Thanks for stopping by.

robinredbreast1 says

• sallybea profile image

Wonderful, a man in a million! You are truly blessed to have each other.

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on this question.

Best wishes, Voted up, Sally

janetwrites profile image82

Janet Giessl (janetwrites) says

• sallybea profile image

janetwrites, It really is great to realize that good old fashioned values still reign - thank you so much for your response, it is much appreciated!

SAM ELDER profile image76

SAM ELDER says

kyawnaing profile image58

kyawnaing says

• sallybea profile image

Thanks for your comment kyawnaing, it really is nice to know that there are people who care about others

DexisView profile image77

Dexi (DexisView) says

• sallybea profile image

Knowing that you did everything you could is certainly worth holding onto. As we see from other comments, sometimes there are reasons not to, perhaps there simply is not one answer for all. Thanks for your comment DexisView

keraladishes profile image61

Preethy (keraladishes) says

• sallybea profile image

Hi Keraladishes, It seems that nearly everyone feels this way but that difficult circumstances can make it impossible for them to stay. They need our understanding and sympathy. Thanks for you comment.

Juliet Christie profile image55

Juliet Christie Murray (Juliet Christie) says

• sallybea profile image

Sally Gulbrandsen (sallybea) 3 years ago

Juliet Christie - I think you have made a very valid point here and I agree with you completely, a sexually transmitted disease received from someone outside of the relationship would pose a problem for most people. Thanks for your comment.

lisasuniquevoice profile image66

Lisa Brown (lisasuniquevoice) says

• sallybea profile image

Hi lisauniquevoice, I can't imagine it myself. I guess I have come to realize that life is never as simple as it seems. We are all unique and have our own different lives to lead.. Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your stopping by

Brandon Tart profile image61

Brandon Heath Tart (Brandon Tart) says

• Brandon Tart profile image

Brandon Heath Tart (Brandon Tart) 4 years ago

hmmm.

connorj profile image79

John Connor (connorj) says

• sallybea profile image

I would say if in doubt, it would be best to talk things over. So often we assume we know best. We will never know if we are right, unless we talk about it. Such a major decision I believe needs honesty from both sides. Thanks for your response.

day4all profile image60

Fredena Moore (day4all) says

• sallybea profile image

Hello day4all,

So kind of you to take so much care with your response. I would never judge anyone for their decision and I do sympathy with anyone finding themselves in this position. So lovely to know people truly care. Thanks.

adorablebaby profile image60

adorablebaby says

• sallybea profile image

I agree with you sentiments about one life, How we choose to live it is definitely up to each individual. Society does judge us and that is something we all have to live with too. Thanks for your comment.

Silverspeeder profile image60

karl (Silverspeeder) says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

AIDS or not; if my husband had been sleeping with different people very week of our marriage, I wouldn't have any compassion. Why would you after the betrayal, deceit and lack of respect of the marriage and spouse?