SEXYLADYDEE profile image 72

Why do so many people think it's better to be in a bad relationship than to be alone?

I enjoy my own company and I have so many crafts and hobbys that I love. Being alone is not a bad thing to me. I have three children and as we prepare to send the last one off to college my mind races with all the wonderful moments of solitude in my future. Being in a bad relationship is not an option for me. Why do I know so many women and men who would rather be miserable in a bad relationship than to be alone?

Marketing Merit profile image97

C L Grant (Marketing Merit) says

• SEXYLADYDEE profile image

SEXYLADYDEE 4 years ago

As a survivor of domestic violence I can relate to "self esteem destroyed, unable to support financially and staying with what you know". But at the end of the day this life is too short to be afraid and miserable. I think it slowly kills you. Dee

Theophanes profile image98

Theophanes says

• SEXYLADYDEE profile image

SEXYLADYDEE 4 years ago

Thank you for your input. This is indeed a difficult topic to broach with some. But I get asked about it often. I don't mind eating out alone, going to the movies etc. I am both introverted (an only child for ten years) & an extrovert. Dee

Beata Stasak profile image84

Beata Stasak says

• SEXYLADYDEE profile image

SEXYLADYDEE 4 years ago

Very true. Even though you can always go out to be social or have people in. Often people who are "together" don't spend quality time together when it's a bad relationship. Dee

• SEXYLADYDEE profile image

SEXYLADYDEE 4 years ago

Boy and I thought I was brutally honest. I think we have to tell them the truth while trying not to alienate them. They have to be able to come to us knowing we will also be supportive. Dee

Express10 profile image90

H C Palting (Express10) says

capncrunch profile image76

capncrunch says

• SEXYLADYDEE profile image

SEXYLADYDEE 4 years ago

It's very true that the people and systems you have been taught to trust can support the institution of marriage even when it's full of poison. But from personal experience I know you can be in so much pain, self doubt, confusion you don't/cant hear

soconfident profile image83

Derrick Bennett (soconfident) says

Annie Miller profile image78

Annie Miller says

• SEXYLADYDEE profile image

SEXYLADYDEE 4 years ago

I have been single a few times at New Years and I always believed it meant someone wonderful was coming that year. I find the bar at places like Red Lobster are a good place to eat alone, occasionally catch a good game and meet interesting people.

Ashlee Doherty profile image61

Ashlee Doherty says

Harpreet kaur123 says

• SEXYLADYDEE profile image

SEXYLADYDEE 4 years ago

Yes and I think staying in a bad relationship can keep you from finding the person out there who is truly meant for you. Dee

ryanjhoe profile image64

ryanjhoe says

Chandu D Flare profile image57

Chandu D Flare says

• SEXYLADYDEE profile image

SEXYLADYDEE 4 years ago

I disagree, an abusive relationship tainted by drugs, alcohol and or physical abuse is a bad relationship. How you react is secondary to the "status" of it. You are so right about us all having a purpose. Too many don't have a clue. Thanks. Dee