Astralrose profile image 86

What are the forms of control in marriage?

Marriage is a form of control, if couples let it that way. But what are the circumstances in your married life that made you think and feel you are being controlled by your partner? One I can think of is when your partner nags about your time spent with your friends. What else?

• Astralrose profile image

Astralrose 4 years ago

God point, there, dashingscorpio! No one should be doing against what you are unless it's for the better. It's like asking your partner to quit smoking (although he likes it) because of health yet there you are sitting all day without doing anything!

MissJamieD profile image80

MissJamieD says

• Astralrose profile image

Astralrose 4 years ago

Oh my, such a sad marriage story. It's amazing you even lasted for 15 years, that too, with a kid. Nothing like that should happen. No one should be allowed to be treated that way. No one has the right to control just because you are married!

• Astralrose profile image

Astralrose 4 years ago

What if you want to try a different restaurant this time and your partner sticks to the old one and he/she has a preconception that it's not a good one? What to do?

Control Games in Marriage82

Control Games in Marriage

Lady Guinevere profile image60

Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) says

• Astralrose profile image

Astralrose 4 years ago

I read that article and I feel sad. I mean, some people would not just believe until they see a clear evidence and not until you yourself are broken! And indeed, admitting (from both side)that there is a problem is the first step to solve the problem

yssubramanyam profile image59

yssubramanyam says

• Astralrose profile image

Astralrose 4 years ago

Like I said, marriage need not be a form of control if you don't let it happen like that but as far as I can observe and witness marriage has become and still is a form of control among many couples! You know,not letting you do what you want to do!

• Astralrose profile image

Astralrose 4 years ago

What you said is true! Marriage is never a control if you see it, make it as partnership. And yes, communication is very important in any relationships, which, of course needs open-mindedness!

Alaina Smith Cain profile image61

Alaina Smith Cain says

• Astralrose profile image

Astralrose 4 years ago

Ahh, those are the worse. Resorting to crying (mostly among women) whenever a fault or mistake or misbehavior is pointed out is I think another form of control.