Is holding hands a lost art today, as a form of human connection?

In other words, do you hold the hand of your loved one in public or maybe just walking together when no one is around, or in both instances? I know that most will hold the hand of a child, but do you hold the hand of your love in this life? My husband and I still hold hands. One time, we were walking into a concert together holding hands, and the couples we were with, who were married too, thought it was so strange that we were still holding hands, even after being married for so long. What do you think?

Best Answer Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) says

Oh,Dearest Eric! What a very lovely answer here! Your answer places a big smile on my face this day. Yes, the gentle human touch is very calming! I loved holding hands with my children, now my grands. Loved holding my mother's hand,and when praying.

janshares profile image89

Janis Leslie Evans (janshares) says

Hi Jan, thanks for answering! Well, our friends thought it strange, and we have been married forever! LOL You have a very good point there about the constant holding of a smarthphone or ipod! Sad reality of the result of technology!

Cantuhearmescream profile image85

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) says

Aw, Dearest Cat, I knew you were one to love to hold hands! All of your reasons stated here as to why you love to hold hands speak volumes! It truly does touch one's heart when one sees others holding hands, at least for me too! :)

wayne barrett profile image80

Wayne Barrett says

Hi Wayne, that is a good point about the couple! I am happyto know you still love holding your wife's hand! Aw now, so sweeeet, and a poet knows that is a good thing right there!!! What lovely words here of you and your soul-mate. Indeed, why not!

cleaner3 profile image79

cleaner3 says

Oh, Dearest Micheal, I can always count on you to be so very poetic even when answering questions or commenting! Your words are always beautifully written and a gift to all who read! What beautiful sentiments you have expressed here. Thank you!!!

Jackie Lynnley profile image78

Jackie Lynnley says

Hi Jackie, thanks for answering. Well, we are getting close to being old and gray (I'm talking about me, not you)! LOL Seriously though, it is truly sweet to see, as it just shows of that lifetime of love together, at least to me too.

Sparklea profile image74

Sparklea says

Hi Sparklea! I am not surprised one bit that you still hold hands, and the feelings you describe are so true! I love seeing older couples in their 80s and 90s holding hands. It is so touching. Thanks for sharing this day! Blessings, Faith Reaper

MichelleHillstrom profile image59

Michelle Hillstrom (MichelleHillstrom) says

Hi MichelleHillstrom, thanks for the great answer here, and I am happy to know you still love to hold hands. Yes, you're right most likely concerning the other couples we were with at that concert. Yes, it is very important to show affection.

DDE profile image46

Devika Primić (DDE) says

Hi Iburmaster, thanks for answering. Aw, on the holding hands part, but I am glad you show affection in other ways no doubt! I have seen those in their 80s and 90s still holding hands. I appreciate your honest answer and taking time to answer!