Billie Kelpin profile image 92

Has your spouse or partner ever "won you back"?

Someone once explained that our life with our partner is like looking at two parallel lines through time. Sometimes those lines will be close together and at other times, one of those lines (of feeling) will be farther apart than before and create a greater gap. When one partner's feelings have lessened, is it possible for the other to "win back" his or her love? Many times, we just let those times of distance ride themselves out. Other times, people act on that feeling of distance and divorce. What actions by the partner who is "steady" at the moment, bring back the partner is distant?

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

Christin,GREAT thoughts! I'm going to use sentence, "Is something bothering you? Do you want me to take the kids out for a bit" in my perfect husband app. It's hard to "win someone back" after slow erosion.Trying to gather info for separated couples.

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

Dashing, this seems to be the consensus. I'm the kind of person who used to see a sad movie and somewhere in the back of my mind hoped for a different ending the next time I saw it - all the time knowing that couldn't be. Thanks so much!

wychic profile image79

Rebecca Mikulin (wychic) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

Ah, wonderful- the way your husband interacts with you. My daughter is in a relationship with someone who I feel has found "the instruction manual" that came with her! He knows what to say when she's down, etc. and hopefully she knows the same 4 him