VVanNess profile image 84

Do you and your spouse usually exchange gifts for holidays and birthdays?

With money always so tight, it seemed foolish to purchase gifts for eachother for holidays and birthdays throughout the year. We have made it a point to spend time with each other, maybe go out to dinner together, and maybe even treat ourselves to a bath or curling up on the couch for a movie. Our no gift rule also takes the pressure off for Valentine's Day, birthdays, and all other gift-appropriate holidays. :) I would love to hear your thoughts.

billybuc profile image85

Bill Holland (billybuc) says

• VVanNess profile image

Victoria Van Ness (VVanNess) 3 years ago

I love it. We make 2-3 three cards for each other on birthdays and try to do small things for each other throughout the day, with each card. This year, my husband did the dishes before I woke up in the morning and left me a bag of Doritos! Love it!

brakel2 profile image86

Audrey Selig (brakel2) says

• VVanNess profile image

Thanks! I love that you do something together that will benefit both of you! How wonderful!

• VVanNess profile image

Very nice point! I love that the two of you enjoy exchanging presents with eachother. It definitely sounds like you are a die hard romantic. Your love for your wife shines through very clearly. :)

• VVanNess profile image

Oh, how sweet. :) You sound like a lucky man. I definitely feel the same way. My preferred gift will always be quality time and the love of my husband. Even the simple sticky note and extra effort to say I love you means the world to me. Thank you!

• VVanNess profile image

I'm sorry you feel that way. We have never had gifts for each other in our five years together other than simply making time to spend some time together on special days throughout the year. His love and attention mean more to me than any gifts.