PaulasView profile image 60

Are You Messy or Neat - and Why?

I am neat and my husband and his three kids are all messy. It has taken years of compromise on this subject for us to be okay. I am interested in finding out what other differences are in perspective about the world from people who are messy vs. neat. Why do you prefer being neat or messy? What is about either trait that is appealing to you? How has being either affected your life? Some say being neat is part of a "control" issue, and messy people are just "creative". Do you think this is true? I'd interested in hearing your comments on this subject.

• PaulasView profile image

PaulasView 3 years ago

Hi Duffsmom, I hear you..but It takes way more time to clean up a mess when you keep piling on top of the original mess. If the original mess is put away right away when you're done with task, it takes less time to clean. Thank you for contributing!

• PaulasView profile image

PaulasView 3 years ago

I agree with you. I personally can't understand why some get so overwhelmed with the "keeping" up. I've noticed one of the problems is that when something is taken out, it doesn't get put back where it belongs, and then the problems mount up.