IDONO profile image 83

Can a straight guy marry a straight guy?

Why not? If same sex marriage is legal, nowhere does it say that you have to prove that you are gay. How would you? (don't answer that!) The marriage would not have to be intimate. We wouldn't even sleep together. It could be open so we could still see women outside of the marriage. Yet, we could take advantage of the health benefits of one or the other's. We could even take advantage of tax credits for filing joint. I'd never do this, but did this scenario cross anyone's mind?

JohnGreasyGamer profile image87

John Roberts (JohnGreasyGamer) says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 2 years ago

John- I think it does. If you look at states that recognize same sex marriage, I don't think being gay is a requirement. I brought this up because it may help gay couples understand why some people disapprove while not hating gay people. SeeBethPerry

bethperry profile image88

Beth Perry (bethperry) says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 2 years ago

You're right except that it seems that more and more, people are willing to sacrifice reputation for wealth. Actually, the scenario of my question seems like it would be pretty simple to hide. To make things clear, I'm not proposing to anyone here.