Sparklea profile image 75

How does one feel a genuine, authentic love for God and genuinely feel God's love in return?

How does one love God with all their heart, all their soul and all their mind as the Bible instructs in Matthew 22:37? How can a person actually LOVE a God whom he/she has never seen, or talked to in person? Also, I so long to feel God's love for me. It's so, so hard. My love for parents, husband and animals are all a different feeling of love. How is one supposed to FEEL when he/she 'loves' God or feel the love of God returning?

cat on a soapbox profile image81

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

• Sparklea profile image

Sparklea 2 years ago

THANK YOU CAT! I agree that trusting Him completely and relinquishing control is a great factor to peace of mind. Very grateful to you and my other hub friends who have taken time to answer this question. God bless...Sparklea

Faith Reaper profile image88

Faith Reaper says

• teaches12345 profile image

Dianna Mendez (teaches12345) 2 years ago

I loved your question, Sparklea and Faith's answer. Communication is always important in understanding someone, especially God.

Lady Guinevere profile image59

Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) says

• Sparklea profile image

Sparklea 2 years ago

THANK YOU LADY GUINEVERE! I do KNOW and BELIEVE the Kingdom of God is within us. If it is in the Bible it is true. And, you are correct, thoughts, actions and reactions play an important part-consistent focus on God is the key to peaceful living.