Melissa Noon profile image 79

How do you get over a fear of intimacy?

I am seeing a guy who is almost perfect for me in every way and I really like him but every time he talks about getting intimate I just want to run away. This isn't the first time I had that reaction, and I really don't want to lose him. So what is the best way to get over the fear or is it just one of those things where you just have to dive in and do?

Best Answer dashingscorpio says

• Melissa Noon profile image

Melissa Noon 3 years ago

Very true and thank you for your answer. I know I am not ready and will have to lay that on the table and see what will happen. If he likes me he should stick around right so if he doesn't than its a good thing I waited right?

krillco profile image94

William E Krill Jr (krillco) says

lupine profile image75

lupine says

• Melissa Noon profile image

Melissa Noon 3 years ago

Yes I was honest and asked what he was after and in a long about way he ptetty much admitted he wasn't looking for a relationship so I dumped him. So I realized to trust what your head says about the situation.

DDE profile image27

Devika Primić (DDE) says

• Melissa Noon profile image

Melissa Noon 3 years ago

Yeah I will talk to him and thank you so much for answering