Donald Ogba profile image 78

What's the ideal attitude towards a person who considers you a fool for being good to him or her?

If you encounter a person, who for one reason or the other, live with life long battered self-esteem, gravely look down on him or herself, to the extent that, if you have reasons to appreciate, love or treat such person better than he or she thinks is deserved and responds by making you feel very much like a fool for doing that, what's the best way of dealing with such person? So, that you don't hurt them or yourself.

arksys profile image91

Irfan (arksys) says

Express10 profile image89

H C Palting (Express10) says

• Donald Ogba profile image

Obinna Donald Ogba (Donald Ogba) 3 years ago

In my opinion, the essence of 'community' is all about helping others. So, I want to go further by knowing how to steer others towards working on themselves for the better. Even when they can't smile at you or say thanks. Or am I asking for too much?

favored profile image35

Fay Favored (favored) says

• Donald Ogba profile image

I bet being kind is ideal. But, how do you help them dig up the root of why they feel the way they do? I do agree with the idea of no emotional involvement. So, its the how for a person you aren't emotionally close to, yet, want to show kindness to.