denise.w.anderson profile image 90

Is loneliness just something that happens or is it a choice we make?

Many people are lonely. Is there something that they can do about it, or is it the result of their circumstances in life?

Kate Mc Bride profile image84

Kate McBride (Kate Mc Bride) says

• denise.w.anderson profile image

Denise W Anderson (denise.w.anderson) 2 years ago

That is an excellent observation, Kate. We do not have to be a victim of our circumstances! I'm glad that you brought out that being alone does not necessarily mean that we are lonely. We can be with others and still feel that way.

• denise.w.anderson profile image

The rainstorm metaphor is very effective. I have found that to be true in my own life. I will experience a period of loneliness, and then it will pass and I won't feel that way again for a while.

Penny G profile image79

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) says

• denise.w.anderson profile image

That is a tough situation to be in, Penny, I feel for you! I hope that you can find someone that will help you feel the friendship that you need.

m abdullah javed profile image78

muhammad abdullah javed (m abdullah javed) says

DDE profile image57

Devika Primić (DDE) says

• denise.w.anderson profile image

That is a good point, DDE. When we feel loneliness, we can seek out others to join us, and perhaps alleviate their feelings of loneliness as well.

Anika Diaries says

• denise.w.anderson profile image

That is a great way to keep from being lonely. When we have things to do, we don't have so much time to sit and think about how we are feeling.