NonCopyBook profile image 78

A friend feels that "How are you?" "Fine thanks" is one of the glues holding society together but...

I prefer when meeting people or in general that we discuss other things without saying this robotic exchange... Others avoiding this social pleasantry? There are worse things in the world than politeness but rarely does someone answer honestly to this, and the body of the discussion itself should bring out whether they want to reveal what's worrying or pleasing them etc, rather than forcing them to say either "Fine thanks" or "Terrible!"

chuckandus6 profile image74

Nichol marie (chuckandus6) says

• NonCopyBook profile image

Nicholas Daly (NonCopyBook) 2 years ago

I think the meaning can be different with new people (or essentially strangers like checkout servers who say "How are you?" without time for an answer..). I think it's good to check in with family that way..