KatyWhoWaited profile image 85

For a short story I'm writing: How did you win your spouse back from divorcing you?

Watching "The Astronaut's Wives Club" last night led to this question although it's not directly related to the events of the show. I understand that reconciling when one person has already "left the marriage in his/her mind" is very rare and it seems as if the decision is in the hands of the "leaver" However, if you consciously did SOMETHING to stop your divorce, I'm interested in strategies in how you were cleverly able to direct your spouse back into the marriage. I'm not looking for on-going habits of good marriages, I'm looking for strategies that stopped the proverbial "train wreck".

• KatyWhoWaited profile image

KatyWhoWaited 24 months ago

M.T. Thanks! Yes, I'm looking for a narrative perspective. I'll have to come up with some life altering event that would work. How about the daughter becomes anorexic?