Billie Kelpin profile image 90

Do you think that extroverts bother introverts more than introverts bother extroverts?

This question, of course, is ASSUMING one group bothers the other. That may NOT be the case. But, IN YOUR EXPERIENCE as an extrovert, do you get the feeling that you annoy introverts with your exuberance. Introverts never annoy me because, after all, they just take it all in and don't interrupt my probably perceived narcissistic rants. WAIT A MINUTE! I think they DO bother me with their lack of contribution to the conversation and their non-verbal communication that makes me feel like a frivolous person. Whaddya think, no matter which way you roll?

Best Answer Tim Mitchell (tsmog) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 23 months ago

Absolutely Superb Answer, Tim! You've got a hub right here. Add some pictures, maybe a video and voila'. You've added a great deal of information to what we normally learn about this topic.

Glenis Rix profile image87

Glenis Rix says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 23 months ago

So happy for your comment, Glenis. As an only child, I was EXPECTED to talk all the time. It often seems a burden, but then sometimes, I do just get excited. My husband waits too long for silent spaces and I DO wish he'd just JUMP IN. :)

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 23 months ago

Christin, This makes me sad to think I could have lost my whole family because of my need to talk. My former husband left more my very introverted friend who almost seemed to disappear in a conversation. But that's the price of my selfishness,

DwyerWriter profile image61

DwyerWriter says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 23 months ago

DwyerWriter, I think it depends a great deal on how a person is raised. In our family, to not participate, to sit and not interject your thoughts and feelings is perceived as selfishness. It takes energy,risk, and caring to state one's opinions.

Aiman Azlan profile image60

Aiman Azlan says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 23 months ago

Aiman. Thank you so much. I once had a very wise boss who stopped a meeting right in the middle because out of the 4 of us, Alice never spoke. The boss had us take the Myers Briggs, had an expert come in to explain how to respect each of our needs.