MarieLB profile image 84

Do you know someone who is smarter than you are, and how do you feel about that person?

EG:- You find yourself saying things like "She thinks she knows everything". In your head you hear the corollary "She DOES know everything and that is why she is so annoying."

Stephen Kalu profile image71

Best Answer stephen kalu says

• MarieLB profile image

MarieLB 22 months ago

Thank you for joining in the dicussion stephen kalu. You have raised such an interesting point there. Do adults feel over-awed in the presence of a child who displays more knowledge or more wisdom?

Express10 profile image88

H C Palting (Express10) says

• MarieLB profile image

MarieLB 22 months ago

Astute observation Express 10 and one that honors you and the others. You have a healthy self-respect,that makes for real relationships. Thank you for sharing and my apologies for taking so long to write this. Sometimes the reply 'stays' in my head.

• gmwilliams profile image

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) 22 months ago

I happen to LOVE people who are smarter/more intelligent than I am. I can LEARN from them. Also intelligent/smart people are FUN to be with-interesting conversation. It is the less intelligent/apt people who UNNERVE me.

• MarieLB profile image

MarieLB 22 months ago

How very true dashingscorpio. If we had any sense, we would seek out those who are smarter, or better in any way. You have got it right, in a nutshell. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

• MarieLB profile image

MarieLB 22 months ago

So true Tamara. Each is blessed with at least one area that we excel in. Best share that and accept what others share with us. Very well said. Thank you for adding your valuable insight.

• MarieLB profile image

MarieLB 22 months ago

Tim Mitchell, I could relate to so much that you said here. I often get called an "expert" on computer-ware, just for the same reason as you. I know a bit more, but not a whole lot more. And Tim, any time you're a wall flower, call me! :)

silkwormy profile image79

chelle (silkwormy) says

• MarieLB profile image

MarieLB 22 months ago

Sorry to hear that you’ve been hurt by some nasty ones Chelle. Read Express10; s/he brushed them off easily. You need to do the same. Real clever people do not need to show off. We are all smart in some ways. Believe in yourself. Thank for sharing.

MarieLB profile image84

MarieLB says

gmwilliams profile image86

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

• MarieLB profile image

MarieLB 22 months ago

It is an interesting view gmwilliams, albeit a sad one. I believe fear can lead one to see that way. Thank you for giving us your view.