savvydating profile image 83

What do you think of a man who refuses to hold a woman's purse, even for a minute?

Once I was picking out some sheer curtains for someone and I asked him to hold my purse for a minute so that I could more easily look at the drapes and move them around. (The purse handles were too narrow for me to put over my shoulder.) Anyway, he absolutely refused to hold my purse. I ended up putting my purse on a nearby table and later walked away without it. Anyway, I was lucky my purse was still there when I went back to look for it. My point is that I found it shocking that he would not hold my purse. I felt he had "issues." What is your take on this refusing to hold the purse thing?

wingedcentaur profile image84

Best Answer William Thomas (wingedcentaur) says

• savvydating profile image

Yves (savvydating) 16 months ago

Ha,ha. I tried to find a pic of a different sort of guy, but was unsuccessful. The person who refused to hold my purse and the purses of others is a relative. I think he needs to "get over it." Thanks, William. ;)

Kylyssa profile image95

Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) says

• savvydating profile image

Yves (savvydating) 16 months ago

Sounds logical, Kylyssa. This guy has a macho dad, but he was raised by his mother who was open minded. I personally think it's an insecurity issue, and I question how much respect he has for women---even if he sees himself as a "nice" guy.

Dakk profile image91

Guilherme Radaeli (Dakk) says

• savvydating profile image

Yves (savvydating) 16 months ago

Right? He even said, "What would you do with your purse if I were not here?" He also said that I could wrap the handle of the purse around my ankles. (He is actually a relative. No way would I date someone like that.)

Jodah profile image87

John Hansen (Jodah) says

• savvydating profile image

Yves (savvydating) 16 months ago

I adore you for saying what you said. Seriously, I don't ask unless I really need some assistance in that moment. Thank you, Jodah, for being willing to "inconvenience" yourself for a little while. I, for one, really appreciate it.

• savvydating profile image

Yves (savvydating) 16 months ago

Nice picture. I think what you said is true, dashing.

word55 profile image78

Word (word55) says

• savvydating profile image

Yves (savvydating) 16 months ago

I'm pretty sure the public knows that the man is just being helpful, but apparently, holding a woman's purse must be embarrassing for some guys. Well, at least I don't ask them to hold the purse all day long. Lol. That would definitely be over-kill.

Johnny James A profile image78

James (Johnny James A) says

• savvydating profile image

Yves (savvydating) 16 months ago

Hi James. What a thorough answer! My guess he has part gender role issues and part having been bossed too much by his ex-wife issues. You know, I don't blame you for hating shopping given the reasons you stated. In truth, I'm a fast shopper too.

chuckandus6 profile image50

Nichol marie (chuckandus6) says

• savvydating profile image

Yves (savvydating) 16 months ago

Lol. Does your husband think coffee is a waste of money? That's funny. I still maintain that the purse thing is weird. It creeps me out, frankly.....maybe because of other things he has said....

Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60

Banned cause of pissants promisem and deantraylor (Dont Taze Me Bro) says

• savvydating profile image

Yves (savvydating) 16 months ago

Don't Taze me...those are some interesting explanations. He's not a Muslim and I'm pretty sure he hasn't been tazed. (I would have heard about it.) I think this is just one area in which he feels comfortable being a jerk, frankly.