savvydating profile image 81

What's the best way to let a man down easy?

Let's say a woman really enjoys a man's company and conversation. She actually likes everything about this man, but alas, the sexual chemistry just isn't there for her? How do you tell him you don't feel the same way? Have any of you been "let down" gently? What did the other person say without making you feel resentful?

Best Answer dashingscorpio says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 9 months ago

Great answer, dashing! I also agree that it is not suitable to offer a platonic friendship. However, if he really can handle the "rejection" and wants to stay in touch, then I believe that is fine since their conversations are so fulfilling.

Aime F profile image84

Aime (Aime F) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 9 months ago

You're a brave woman, Aime. If someone told me "There is no chemistry," I would feel really depressed, at least for the day. Lol.

To be honest, it's easier to lie. But, as you said, lying could confuse matters--and it really isn't being a grown-up.

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 9 months ago

A part of me has a certain amount of admiration for a man who keeps trying. With him, I can be firm. But when the guy is angry or shocked, it's harder to be blunt---at least for me. But you've made it work, Christin, so it can't be all that bad. Lol

myilraj profile image59

Myil Raj (myilraj) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 9 months ago

Myilraj, This sounds like a case in which this woman was not being responsible. Dating every Sunday & suddenly "just friends?" The case I am referring to is a brand new relationship in which the man falls really fast. BTW, you sound like a nice

Carlos Villa12345 says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 9 months ago

Jeez. I hardly think most men are going to "end it all." And personally, I do not engage in sex if I do not feel any physical attraction. I'm talking about men who fall fast even if two people who are still in the getting-to-know each-other phase.