Elizabeth.....Uh-Oh. First~ that you are reaching out is a good sign. Now it's very important you listen intently to all the advice you are given by helpful, well-meaning & hopefully "experienced" individuals.
I will waste no time nor spare words of complete & blatant truth in my personal, as well as professional suggestions.I'm relieved to know that you realize it's in the interest of all who may be involved, to "snuff the crush." This in itself tells me you've been thinking about potentially egregious consequences. For ease, I find point blank lists are best....memorize them!
1. A "crush," of course is a simple fantasy. Although simple, crushes are rarely "harmless.'
2. If this is a man you can avoid, then DO IT. If not (co-worker, neighbor, associate of some sort) accept that "snuffing" will be more difficult and perhaps take more time and effort on your part.
3. Take full inventory of your own life, family, marriage, life-style & most importantly~~your children. Ask yourself repeatedly IF as their mother, you could be happy, satisfied & guilt-free if an affair caused a broken home.
(Here is an official, provable fact for you to research: "In hindsight, 90% ( that % is very close to ALL, of both men & women ) state unequivocally that their hugest regret for divorcing due to "a lover" are the numerous negative backlash & effects on their kids. None of them BTW, considered this at the time.~~typical human nature.
4. Spend some time and a concentrated effort to rekindle your current relationship with your spouse. Do this by spending more time with him one on one, spicing up the romance, taking a mental walk down Memory Lane of your period of "falling in love" with him.
5. If time and finances allow, seek out the help of a Talk Therapist, preferably one who has specialized in relationship/family counseling.
6. Consider at all times, the number of Human Beings whose lives would quite likely be devastated, disrupted```possibly irreparably .Do you believe you are capable of facing the fact that you would be largely responsible for this?
This short list can be enough for you to work on, if you are serious about "snuffing this crush." I wish you much luck and certainly hope the results are based upon a rational, mature & healthy decision. Peace, Paula