Has anyone suffered domestic abuse from their husbands or family members?

When I was pregnant with my first child I was in high school unmarried and I suffered from dirty gossip and my childs father tried to hit me with a pool ball throwing it thru my grandmother screen glass door. But I survived and have a beautiful daughter. My husband who was abusive we had an argument and he attempted to kick me in the stomach but I escaped that. One day me and my daughter who was 4 yrs old at the time because I was having a sick moment and didn't want to cook any meat he walked passed she and I and said "it won't be much longer before I can hit you" and I gave birth to a son.

FrankiesGirl6Yr profile image78

FrankiesGirl6Yr says

• dvvictimwith18yo profile image

Very Slyone (dvvictimwith18yo) 3 years ago

Great advice and easy answer. But now what? Please help those who do get out, with financial independence {the answer is not leave traumatized kids and get a job} grants, legal help post divorce because honestly the buck stops when you leave him.

Rose Ella Morton profile image60

Rose Ella Morton says

• dvvictimwith18yo profile image

The kids of DV need a consistent parent for at least a good year so please don't encourage a good man in life since she really doesn't know who that is and will pick another like jerk she left. Resources towards financial independence is first topic.

DeadbeatClub says

• dvvictimwith18yo profile image

I agree, please share how you supported your children and yourself when got out? I am 3 yrs divorced and now medical problems prevent working plus my teens need me more than ever. Why can't I get just a month break? The abusive jerk lied bout income.