- Gender and Relationships
Best Guide To Wedding Speeches and Toasts
Tips and Ideas For Wedding Speeches and Toasts
The most important things to remember as the toaster is to face those you are toasting and direct your comments directly to them. It is also important to speak clearly and slowly so that others can hear you.Remember, you job is to honor the bride and groom. Your toast will be an important part of the memory of their special day !
Every wedding toast or speech should have the same parts:
1.Giving Thanks to the hosts of the wedding or the previous speaker
2. A short explanation how you know the bride and groom
3. A quick heartfelt story about the couple
4.The toast itself
Length of Speech Or Toast
No toast or speech should ever go beyond 2-3 minutes
Wedding Toast NoNos
What never should be included in a wedding speech or toast
Never drink too much before speaking. Although you might feel it will calm your nerves, too much alcohol will prevent you from speaking and thinking clearly. Never use humor in poor taste.Humor is good, humiliation is notAvoid stories about exes and keep your stories suitable for the children and grandmothers who may be in the audience Don'T be crude or bring up extremely embarrassing situations.
The Father Of The Bride
Let us raise our glasses and toast the happy couple. The bride has been like a ray of warm sun light on my soul from the day she was born. Now, she begins a new life and there will be another man to whom she will turn for love and protection. But I want her to know her father will always be there for her. Cheers to the bride and groom.A toast to my daughter. She was a gift from God and I will always be grateful to have been given the honor of being her father. May God continue to bless her and her new husband and grant them safety, love, and happiness all the days of their live
The Groom Responds
Thank everyone who has helped with the planning and preparations of the wedding ceremony and reception. You can give a general "thank you to everyone who has helped us in planning this wedding. Your hard work and friendship are truly apprecitated." In turn, you may also want to specifically thank one or two people who provided exceptional help
Turn to your bride and say some nice things about herThank the best man (and perhaps relate a humorous memory that you've both shared). Thank the groomsmen/ushers.
Finally, finish with some kind words to the maid of honor and the bridesmaids and thank them for all the help they've given the bride throughout the day. End with a toast to the bridesmaids.
The Best Man's Toast
First thank the groom for asking you to be the best man
Present good wishes to the bride and groom and wish them a happy future together.
Relate a funny or touching story about the bride and groom togetherThank the hosts of the wedding. This may be the bride's parents or it may be shared between the 2 families Read any telegrams, faxes and cards from family and close friends that couldn't attend the wedding.
Here"s one of my favorite wedding quotes for best men. It was said by Ronald Regan,"There is no greater happiness for a man than approaching a door at the end of a day, knowing someone on the other side of that door is waiting for the sound of his footsteps"
Maid Or Matron's Of Honor's Toast
This toast can be a sentimental toast celebrating her friendship with the bride and groom.Your toast should thank the couple for inviting everyone, have encouraging advice, offer congratulations and include a personal touch. The personal touch can be a memory, joke or secret but it should have application to the entire audience.
Toasting and Speech Tips
- Keep eye contact with the person or persons that you are toasting
- Gain everyone' attention by standing up and tap your glass with silverware to make a noise that will attract people's attention.Or you could have the DJ introduce you. Wait till you have everyone's attention before you begin.
- Introduce yourself and your relationship to the bride and groom.
- Keep your glass in your hand to indicate that you are about to offer a toast
- Encourage everyone to toast the newlyweds with you by asking them to "raise their glasses."
- Write your speech on index cards. They are less distracting than paper, but be sure to number the cards in case they get shuffled around.
- DO rehearse your speech. Practice it over and over
- If you are the one receiving the toast, stay seated
- Say less is better than saying too much ! Never go over 5 minutes
Have You Ever Given A Wedding Toast?
Have you ever given a wedding toast?
Quotes For Wedding Toasts - Free Wedding Toast Quotes
Before the toast itself, a nicely worded quote is always appropriate. Here are some great examples for you to use
- Best Man Wedding Quotes
Nicely organized list
- Father Of The Bride Wedding Toast Quotes
The father of the bride could include a few of the following quotes to add just the right amount of emotion to the toast.
- Maid Of Honor Wedding Quotes
The maid of honor at a wedding can be regarded as the bride's friend, philosopher, and guide. Therefore, a toast raised by the maid of honor at the wedding, should have words of affection, wisdom, and advice for the newlyweds
A Few Simple Toasts
- May you have love, health & wealth; but most importantly, may you have the time to enjoy them all.
- May your heart be light and happy,
May your smile be big and wide,
And may your pockets always have
a coin or two inside
- May your troubles be less and your blessings be more.
And nothing but happiness come through your door.
Cultural Wedding Toasts
- Chinese Wedding Toasts
A small sample of nice chinese toasts
Raise Your Glass
When you are giving the toast, make sure to raise your glass to indicate that you are about to drink. Raise it high enough so that everyone can see