- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Best Lace Wedding Ideas
Best Ideas For Creating A Lace Wedding Theme
The Bride and Groom who choose lace as their wedding theme are nostalgic and romantic. This is a theme that lemds itself to the more traditional couple. With a little color, lace can evoke a theme that will be remembered as a real classic wedding. Lace is the number one choice of the vintage bride.
Touches of lace can be added to any wedding theme effectively. Consider your venue, your choice of wedding dress and your ceremony. Here are The very best ideas from start to finish to create your perfect lace wedding.
Your Lacy Wedding Décor
Adding Color To Your Lace Themed Wedding
We all love beautiful lace, but it is white, so you will want to add one other color to show your lace accessories to their very best. Think soft colors, more towards pastels for a truly bridal look. That does not mean that you can't add a touch of green or other stronger color. Look at your reception room for color ideas. Then pick a color that puts it all together. Add some green the form the greens of nature and you will have something that will reflect your nostalgic theme. Check with your caterer or reception coordinator to see what's available. You may be able to rent overlays rather than buying them.
Amazing Lace Cake Toppers
Continue Your Lace theme with these delightful cake toppers
Lace and Roses - Perfect Combination For Your Lace Themed Wedding
Your flower selection should be traditional in nature to reflect your nostalgic theme. Think about orange blossoms, hydrangia, calla lilies and baby's breath as well as fern.
Lacy Garland Decor
White Lace Paper Doilies - Elegant Budget Friendly Choice
Who does not love lace paper doilies? They are perfect for the bride who appreciates the nostalgic look. Use them everywhere in your décor. Start with your place settings. They can be used as a place mat , between dishes, between a cup and saucer. They can also be used under center pieces . Think of them as essential accessories to your lace wedding. These are the more reasonable alternative to adding lace to your reception décor without the big cost of purchase or rental
Lace Table Runners - Perfect For Your Lace Wedding Décor
We love these lace table runner for use throughout your reception and wedding ceremony venue. Here are some of our favorite uses for them: Best of all, they can be used in your new home.
1. Where your escorts cards are
2. Where you place any photos or groups of photos
3. Underneath a candle display
4. On the reception tables as runners
5.On a fireplace
6. As décor for the bridal table
7.On a Candy Buffet
Vintage Lace Wedding Cake
Easy Lace Touches For Your Wedding
We have gathered together some ideas that will help you add more nostaligic touches to your lace wedding.These projects cost so little and add so much to your décor.
- Easy To Make Potpourri Sachets Add a nostalgic touch with lacy potpourri sachels. Simply cut a piece of lace fabric into a circle with a 6-inch diameter. Place some potpourri in the middle of the fabric. Gather the ends together. Tie with decorative ribbon in the color that you have chosen as your secondary color. Nice little wedding favor.
- Lace Covered Candy Covers Candy bar or box of small candies with a strip of paper in your secondary color. Add A stip of lace around it and secure with glue. Add ribbon and or a cute tag with the date and the name of the bride and groom.
- Lace Covered Votive Holders Take plain glass votive holders and glue lace around them. You can either light them for your wedding or give them as your favors. They are really very pretty !
- Lace Confetti Cones How about making confetti cones out of paper lace doilies? Roll the doily and glue into a cone shape. Add confellti and stand them upright in a basket
- Lace Escort Cards Cover any type of cardstock with a piece of lace doily. Add a bow at the top and the seating information
Saw these on a blog and thought they would be a perfect touch to any lace wedding. Great as centerpieces or a touch of dÃ©cor at your venue. Click on the picture for more information
Baby's Breath Centerpieces - The Lacy Look Of Baby Breath Carries Your Theme
Consider using baby's breath throughout your lace wedding. It adds elegance ! your more nostalgic look lends itself to romance and these foowers throughout your ceremony and reception will do just that. For an extra touch add some roses
Doily Lace Bottles
You can do these lace bottles very easily with some old bottles, some paper doilies and some mod podge. These would be a great touch to any place where you needed a little dÃ©cor. Or you could make some up and place them in a group as a centerpiece. Click on the picture to learn more
DIY Lace Wedding Projects
- Lace Napkin-Ring Clip Art | Martha Stewart Weddings
Easy to make Lace Vellum napkin rings
Lace Wedding Shoe Clips
Add a special touch to any pair of shoes with these special lace wedding clips. Save money on your wedding shoes !